Never Better Page 8

Ah.

Good point well made.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ February 15, 2008, 11:09 AM

"Did you just call me a satnav!" lol

Kind of Sad ending but worked well. me loves Kate Ashfield. Lovey

If that's his wife she's a bit plain, dull and uninteresting.

Fiiiinally watching this now. Only on episode one, but good stuff. And yes, Kate Ashfield is really rather pretty. :)

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole series.....hope it gets a second run. "There was no Keith Song" :D

Some more details have been released about the forthcoming American version of the show (as previously reported). The lead role will be played by an African-American actor, Damon Wayans. It will be directed by Marc Buckland, who also directed "Scrubs" and "My Name is Earl".

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117984915.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Quote: Ian Wolf @ May 1 2008, 8:14 AM BST

Some more details have been released about the forthcoming American version of the show (as previously reported). The lead role will be played by an African-American actor, Damon Wayans. It will be directed by Marc Buckland, who also directed "Scrubs" and "My Name is Earl".

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117984915.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

The first few series of "My Wife & Kids" were funny, but that's all I really know about DW.

This show was a banal rip off of Curb. It got pretty small viewing figures and I'd be surprised if it got a second series. And it's portrait of addiction and alcoholism was clearly by somebody who has never had a problem with addiction or alcoholism.

And despite that, it was fantastic and I can't wait until it returns.

I reject the Curb ripoff theory, and also strongly welcome a return. :)

I must say it didn't remind me of Curb much at all.

Lead Balloon may have done, but I still don't think of even that as a 'rip off'.

You can welcome it all you like, it ain't going to happen, sunshine.

chipolata being the commissions editor of the BBC.

They don't call me Mystic Chipolata for nothing. Look, I might be wrong, but the viewing figures started low and got lower. And as Beeb 2 already has Lead Balloon, which does the same sort of thing much better, I'd be very surprised if they recommissioned it.

But I want both!!!

Surely that counts for something.... ;)

Quote: zooo @ May 1 2008, 1:10 PM BST

I must say it didn't remind me of Curb much at all.

Lead Balloon may have done, but I still don't think of even that as a 'rip off'.

Neither did for me, at all!