Episodes you hate from Sitcoms you love! Page 6

Funnily enough, none of that happens, 'cos they go on a cruise. >_<

Quote: Leevil @ January 11, 2008, 10:21 AM

Alexis Sayle?

*shudder*

Are you not a fan of Alexi? He hasn't been on T.V. much in the last 10 years, but his old sketch shows were brilliant.

'The Anniversary' episode from Fawlty Towers annoys me - virtually unwatchable as I like the others so much

The Comic Relief episode from The Office would be my favourite of all episodes if it was not for the dance, which makes me hate it. It's the most overshown, overrated thing about the whole thing. The Office was based on subtle humour, something that 'the dance' is not. Why this rather than the singing of "Freelove Freeway" or Tim asking Dawn out by taking the mic off isn't the most remembered scene from The Office I'll never know.

Anyway, the comic relief episode because that one scene became too 'popular' it took the brilliance of the rest of the episode (esp. Brent standing up in his chicken costume) right down. :(

Get outta town! Are you really saying that you hate an episode that you love, purely because one of the bits that was loveable about it has been overplayed and tainted?

Oh, you are saying that.

Fair enough.

Yeah, because all the way through you know its coming. The dance is a loveable, fantastically funny moment but for a different sitcom, it doesn't fit with the office's style of humour. G&M have said that they considered not putting it in. Ah well, not sure I can explain exactly what I mean, but I know in my head the reasons!

The dance is utter shit. It's totally out of place in the entire run of the show and it exists only to give the lowest common denominator a cheap laugh.

Like Delboy falling through the bar, it's become some sort of emblem for the show and in both cases, there are hundreds of funnier moments and cracking dialogue.

Urgh.

The Christmas special episode of "To the Manor Born"

The episode of "One Foot in the Grave where Mrs Warbouys, the neighbour, victor and Margaret get lost in their car and victor stumbles upon the old folks home where he rescues the OAPs by sedating the care staff and putting them out in fields as scarecrows.

Agreed.

Quote: Kes83 @ February 20, 2008, 8:10 PM

The episode of "One Foot in the Grave where Mrs Warbouys, the neighbour, victor and Margaret get lost in their car and victor stumbles upon the old folks home where he rescues the OAPs by sedating the care staff and putting them out in fields as scarecrows.

And what was so bad about that episode ?

I personally thought it was one of the best.

At last

no it was just out of place and bit too hard to believe, Mrs Warbouys and the neighbour (nick I think his name was) had a foot each stuck in a bag of cement

I couldnt quite believe that victor had dragged all those people out into the field either.

so good lines though

*some good lines though

I think it was Victor and mrs warboys who had a foot in the cement each.

oh yeah, sorry, Obviously tried to repress the memory of the show so hard that when it came to front of my mind I had remembered it wrong

Not sure if this was mentioned but the Father Ted Christmas episode when Ted get's the Golden Preachy award. I hate this episode I couldn't wait for it to end.