Episodes you hate from Sitcoms you love! Page 3

Summing up what everyones put. I'll start off with the weak episodes of Dads Army. My answer, there are none (except the first episode is a bit under par). I liked 'A Royal Flush'. 'Miami Twice' was good, but nowhere near on par with the rest of the series (In Miami Twice I loved the first part- but agreed went a bit weak when in America). I thought The Office Christmas specials were brilliant. My answer to this question- The Royle Family- The Queen of Sheba. A great series, but quite a poor episode, sadly the last one.

Quote: Jack Massey @ January 8, 2008, 5:08 PM

Summing up what everyones put. I'll start off with the weak episodes of Dads Army. My answer, there are none (except the first episode is a bit under par). I liked 'A Royal Flush'. 'Miami Twice' was good, but nowhere near on par with the rest of the series (In Miami Twice I loved the first part- but agreed went a bit weak when in America). I thought The Office Christmas specials were brilliant. My answer to this question- The Royle Family- The Queen of Sheba. A great series, but quite a poor episode, sadly the last one.

Good shout on The Royle Family.
Overacted by Ricky Tomlinson for the first time , the use of music and moving scenes weeks is just not the Royle Family way. They even left the comfort of the living room - what a load of sh*te

Although I love Frasier, there are some really poor episodes in the later series. The worst is probably the one in which Frederick competes in a spelling competition. Painful to watch.

Also I only like watching pilot episodes once. I don't know why just hate being reintroduced to characters. Strange isn't it.

I love Flight of The Conchords, but the episode with the Bowie hallucination didn't work for me at all. They were out of their comfort zone and it fell flat.

I've been rewatching all of them on dvd, I haven't got to that one yet.

Also I love brasseye but the "Science" episode really falls flat for me.

Those episodes in US sitcoms where they just sit and talk about old times and just show old clips because they haven't got anything new. Friends did it, Fresh Prince too.

Yeah FOTC was very inconsistent with the best and worst episodes being miles apart in quality. Hopefully they were trying new things and have found what works. The Bowie one didn't do much for me either.

Not one I hated but one that I find not as good as the other 11.

Fawlty Towers the - anniversary one. I don't know if it's the lighting and the subject but I tend not to watch it on either repeat or DVD.

Mind it's still head and shoulders above most other stuff on since.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ January 9, 2008, 1:39 PM

Those episodes in US sitcoms where they just sit and talk about old times and just show old clips because they haven't got anything new. Friends did it, Fresh Prince too.

Yeah FOTC was very inconsistent with the best and worst episodes being miles apart in quality. Hopefully they were trying new things and have found what works. The Bowie one didn't do much for me either.

I hate clips show, so pointless. Is there a reason why they're done? There must be - surely doing one more new episode isn't going to cause too much bother in a team of 10 writers?

Might not to them, but it costs more for the producers, I'd guess.

The Simpsons Halloween Specials. And of course the flashback clips episodes. (Speaking of which, there's one on C4 right now)

Also, I get annoyed when Channel 4 show the really early episodes over and over again.

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ January 9, 2008, 6:03 PM

The Simpsons Halloween Specials. And of course the flashback clips episodes. (Speaking of which, there's one on C4 right now)

Also, I get annoyed when Channel 4 show the really early episodes over and over again.

The Hallowe'en ones started good but the later ones weren't all that funny. One contains my favourite 7 minutes of Simpsons ever. 'The Fly' where Bart becomes half man half fly. Too many brilliant jokes.

"I take it by that impressed noise you like the machine"
"Good morning sir, good afternoon madam - that is technically corrects as the clock moved past 12 as I was talking"

The bit where Bart pretends to be trapped in a spider's web, before slapping the spider and flying off.

The pet with two arses "Ew, that can be Lisa's!"

And where Homer kisses the fly leaving a trail of green goo.

Probably my favourite Simpsons bit ever I'd say.

I love the shit out of Curb Your Enthusiasm, but I recommend no-one watch the last episode of series 5 where Larry goes to heaven.

Quote: Seefacts @ January 9, 2008, 5:17 PM

I hate clips show, so pointless. Is there a reason why they're done? There must be - surely doing one more new episode isn't going to cause too much bother in a team of 10 writers?

It's to save money. The first friend clip episode comes right before the London episodes. To be fair to Friends, there were only like 3 in 10 seasons. I actually quite like them in the right setting.