Lenny Henry.tv

This was originally shown as a pilot last Christmas, but has now been commisioned for a full series. It's a show where Lenny takes a look at a series of silly clips from Youtube and gives his unique views on them. It's sort of like a new age You've Been Framed, with additional celebrity involvment as he has a different guest in the studio with him each week (this week it's Chris Tarrant, in the pilot it was Alan Davies).

I thought the original episode last Christmas was brilliant, and I hope the new series is as good as that was. It's on at 10:35 this Monday.

Any thoughts on the new show?

Lenny Henry is not funny. He must leave our screens immediately.

I never knew he was a transvestite.

Quote: Eat_My_Shirts @ January 6, 2008, 5:09 PM

Lenny Henry is not funny. He must leave our screens immediately.

EMS in correct opinion shocker! :D

Unfunny, and a miserable rude man.

By the way - 10 points if you know the domain address for tv.

Hey does any know what went on between Ricky Gervais and Lenny Henry and Dawn French? I know that Gervais had a pop at Lenny Henry in Extras, but wasn't there a big spat or something, before that? Huh?

No I think that's all it was.
Although, also in Ricky's stand up I think he said something about the irony of sending people like Dawn French to Africa (ie, fat joke). Possibly.

He mentions it in his Fame stand up DVD - apparently there was a dig at Gervais in French and Saunders last show.

Quote: David Chapman @ January 6, 2008, 5:26 PM

Errr ... .tv?

Aaaaanyway. I thought that this show was alright. Not particularly good, but not toe-curlingly bad on LMJ proportions or anything. Watchable. I don't think I'd rush home to see it of course, but watchable.

I remember quite enjoying this. It's taken a long time for a full series to come around. I'll watch it tonight.

I've just had to turn this off.

Yeah, not good. Some vaguely amusing clips, but I really hope it doesn't get a second series.

It will, of course, since it's evidently dirt cheap to produce.

Quote: David Chapman @ January 6, 2008, 5:26 PM

It was some islands in the carrabean wasn't it *tries to think of stereotypical racist/xenophobic name* Erm Tikki Velimboland?

I turned on and they were talking about Status Quo. It went on for about 10 minutes. I thought this was meant to be show about video clips. >_<

Tivau. I was in Australia (not so far away) when there was a big thing made about it. Anything with .tv pays rights to the tiny pacific island. Quite a big income for a country which still has the odd cannibal knocking about.