BSG SKETCH COMP 14.12-21.12 Page 6

Quote: bushbaby @ December 23, 2007, 2:18 AM

Yeah, you're crap like everyone else on here. No decent critics, just compliments because you're all good buddies, well that's no compliment at all. Just crap

This isn't my experience at all. I think that quite ofthen the best script wins. Niteowls efforts of a few weeks ago were clearly superior to anything else submitted. And before that Charleys.

If you want proper critique you should ask a professional, such as marc blake for example.

Personnally I have always found everyone very welcoming on this site, more than anywhere else.

Keep up the good work Aaron and Mark (and all the mods of course!).
Merry christmas.

Quote: Nigel Kelly @ December 23, 2007, 7:35 PM

can i ask you something Frankie?

Rolling eyes

:O you nasty pig!

Quote: bushbaby @ December 23, 2007, 2:18 AM

Yeah, you're crap like everyone else on here. No decent critics, just compliments because you're all good buddies, well that's no compliment at all. Just crap

Bushbaby.. I am new to this forum like yourself. I have posted stuff on critique since my first sketch on Nov 15. I make a point of entering the comp every week as I find it is good training, focuses you on a subject and gets you into the way of writing regularly.
I got one vote a few weeks ago in the comps that got me 5 points.I was well pleased. I am not an experienced writer and know that chances are, week in, week out, further developed writers will put on better and funnier stuff than mine. But I intend to persevere as one of the benefits of being shite is that you can only improve (in most circumstances).
There are cliques on every forum regardless of subject matter. You will only change things from the inside.
Keep at it and dont give up on your writing either.

Back on topic... I'm voting MS MACK for the outrageous pun!
I'd also like to thank everyone for making this comp so much fun. Cheers and beers and I'll be back on 27 with an official winner!
Keep laughing
Michael

And just as sidebar, lets give Bushbaby a bit of slack for no other reason than it would be just a nice thing to do. C'mon people, it's Christmas and I'm sure that's what HE would have done.

Quote: Nigel Kelly @ December 23, 2007, 8:36 PM

Bushbaby.. I am new to this forum like yourself. I have posted stuff on critique since my first sketch on Nov 15. I make a point of entering the comp every week as I find it is good training, focuses you on a subject and gets you into the way of writing regularly.
I got one vote a few weeks ago in the comps that got me 5 points.I was well pleased. I am not an experienced writer and know that chances are, week in, week out, further developed writers will put on better and funnier stuff than mine. But I intend to persevere as one of the benefits of being shite is that you can only improve (in most circumstances).
There are cliques on every forum regardless of subject matter. You will only change things from the inside.
Keep at it and dont give up on your writing either.

I agree totally.
This is a fun project and it's all about enjoying ideas and saying what you like and why. My professional experience notches up to about one billionth of a percent and this is the only place in the universe where you can share ideas and get some positive, constructive feedback without feeling like a turd. Good vibes all round I hope.

Quote: Baumski @ December 24, 2007, 2:30 PM

C'mon people, it's Christmas and I'm sure that's what HE would have done.

Father Christmas?

Could be but without DNA it's impossible to know for sure.

Vote: Frankie

Well thanx all for entering, oo-er. Certainly was quite a week. I'm voting for Jude. Results coming up...

Quote: jacparov @ December 23, 2007, 7:39 PM

This isn't my experience at all. I think that quite ofthen the best script wins. Niteowls efforts of a few weeks ago were clearly superior to anything else submitted. And before that Charleys.

If you want proper critique you should ask a professional, such as marc blake for example.

Personnally I have always found everyone very welcoming on this site, more than anywhere else.

Keep up the good work Aaron and Mark (and all the mods of course!).
Merry christmas.

Thanks jacparov,

We certainly try to be friendly on here (see intro threads) and I believe everyone tries to vote fairly. I have certainly never voted for anyone who I didn't believe deserving!

The whole point of the comp is for fun and laughs, and for us to improve our writing. :)

Thanks to everyone on here who makes this a great place to visit, learn and laugh! :)

Nice one Ellie

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ December 28, 2007, 2:29 PM

Nice one Ellie

What are you looking at?

Quote: bushbaby @ December 23, 2007, 1:59 AM

I find this board so insestuous and you are all up your own arses, I'm out of here. You just vote for each other whether or not the writing is good, bad or indifferent and by God is it indifferent

I'm not up my own arse.
I am puzzled that my entry attracted no votes despite being the funniest and best-written, however.
OK, maybe I am then. A lot of the entries are usually poor, but many are entered in this very knowledge... and you can't stop people voting for each other... who else is there to vote for...?!
Maybe a lot of it is incestuous, too, but I suppose you're always going to get that.

Quote: James Williams @ December 29, 2007, 4:40 PM

I'm not up my own arse.
I am puzzled that my entry attracted no votes despite being the funniest and best-written, however.
OK, maybe I am then. A lot of the entries are usually poor, but many are entered in this very knowledge... and you can't stop people voting for each other... who else is there to vote for...?!
Maybe a lot of it is incestuous, too, but I suppose you're always going to get that.

Do you want some reasons? This is the comp thread - just enter and vote - but if you like ...

OK - it was amusing and a good pun or two. I smiled but nothing laugh out loud whereas Jude's did make me laugh at some of the dialogue and images.

Sorry - you can't win everything!