Green Wing Series 3, is it happening? Page 2

Boo hiss boo. You cheated.

So only half a billion points. But yes, Fawlty Towers was the answer I was looking for. :)

You never mentioned anything about cheating!

I think we're going to be deprived of a series 3 unfortunately but I do hope the cast and the bank rollers all see the light and change their minds.

Not sure when the 'special' will be coming to NZ but I hope we don't have to wait too long. Maybe we'll see it early too, as the Aussies are, in late December.

I'm a very big Green Wing fan - funniest thing I've seen in a long time. In my opinion it beats The Office hands down, and that wasn't at all bad. My God, have you seen the US version of The Office? - it's a shocker.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ December 10 2006, 6:45 PM GMT

I'd rather not petition I don't think...the ends will all be tied up and it might take it just too far

I agree, as much as I would love a 3rd series, I would hate the show to turn bad. Do you remember Little Britain? The first series was great, but after that it sold out. I don't think anyone even bothered to watch the 3rd and 4th series.

From reviews I've heard, the Green Wing special is borderline 'too' mad. The producers of Black Books and Fawlty Towers stopped the show after a few series to avoid turning out like Little Britain did, and I think it would be wise if Green Wing did that too. The second series was great, but you can see the potential for it to go wrong. It's always a shame when a TV series finishes after a series or two, but it's better than what would happen if they continued it.

Quote: Jan McKenzie @ December 14 2006, 5:28 AM GMT

My God, have you seen the US version of The Office? - it's a shocker.

American versions of British shows/movies never turn out well. have you seen the US version of The Italian Job?

Very good post, sthomas. Welcome! :)

Quote: sthomas @ January 2 2009, 4:16 AM GMT

American versions of British shows/movies never turn out well.

The Office, the American version, is fantastic.

I prefer the American version. And completely hated the English version (I had to watch the entire series for my A-Level and the Tim/Dawn and Tim/Gareth relationships where the only things that kept me going)

For one time only, I have to say that an American series has more fleshed out characters than an English series.

The Green Wing Special was very strange - even for Green Wing.
I would rather not see a 3rd series since they jumped 3 or 4 sharks with the Special.
It's hard to go back again and make it halfway decent.

I was anti even watching the US version of The Office since I've been hurt so many times when US TV remakes UK TV but it is actually a good show.

Yeah but wasn't Crossroads absolutely brilliant when it came back... twice!

No?

:)

I think everybody involved with Green Wing knows it's better off without a third series. I agree with Danica the show jumped the shark with the Special, at least partly - I liked some storylines but disliked others.

I think that the 2nd series of Green Wing was actually very good in spots, rather like the 2nd of Partridge it was unfaily criticised in comparison to the flat-out superior series that preceded them. I think it's definitely best left alone now, rather than continuing on.