Green Wing Series 3, is it happening?

Hey everyone,

I was just watching the Commentaries on the Series 2 DVDs, and from that, I really did get the impression that another Series of Green Wing was in the process of being made...I don't know when they were Recorded, but it couldn't have been during Series 2, to have been able to put Commentaries on it!

...Anyway, Stephen Mangan mentioned that Julian Rhind-Tutt had arrived the last 3 Days on his Motorcyle, and I it really did sound like he was arriving "On Set", and that they were Filming...And then when Pippa Haywood suddenly arrived on one of the Commentaries, replacing Julian Rhing-Tutt, just surprised me...

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but it really seemed like they were all there together, and not just for the Commentaries...I know that there's a Special coming, or supposedly coming, but there should be a Series 3, and I hope that it's NOT just wishful thinking on my part!

the report for months has been there's just a special on January forth, but no series three-the special will tie up any lose ends apparently

What I'd heard is that the Special is actually the 9th Episode of the 2nd Series...I suppose that I just got the impression that they were working on something, maybe it's additional Scenes for this Special, the what they already Filmed for Series 2 didn't cover!

...Maybe after the Special shows, they'll be the possibility of a 3rd Series...Although WHY there isn't NOW I'll never know!

yeah I know what you mean...lol I think series three may drag it out too much-as much as I adore the show

It is highly, HIGHLY unlikely that there will be anything after this special - certainly not for the forseeable future anyway.

I've not heard the commentaries yet... I suspect they may have been recorded at the TalkbackThames offices - actors would be dropping in there for all kinds of reasons.

Stephen Mangan and Julian Rhind-Tutt went on to work on the Barclaycard Ads - perhaps this is what they were referring to.

Anyway I can unfortunately categorically state that they're definitely not secretly filming a third series at the moment. Like Scatterbrained Floozy and Aaron have said a 3rd series is very unlikely to ever happen (but not impossible*).

Stay tuned GW fans because late next week I hope we'll be able to email out an exclusive in-depth preview to the special episode (it'll be spoiler free I promise) :)

*If in 1996 you'd asked any of the cast or crew of "Only Fools and Horses" whether they'd be doing more episodes they'd all have said, in a similar fashion to what's happening now with GW, "definitely not"!

As it happens they probably should have left it alone - I wouldn't want there to be a 3rd series of GW if it meant the tidy ending was shattered and standards dropped

If you're upset about there being no series 3, there is a online petition you can sign. If enough people sign it, there could be a third series in the future. Shows like "Family Guy", "Arrested Development" and "Futurama" returned after pressure from fans, and petitioning from fans resulted in "QI" Series 1 being released on DVD, so it can work.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/greenwing3

I'd rather not petition I don't think...the ends will all be tied up and it might take it just too far...like how I personally think Red Dwarf became in later series

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 10, 2006, 3:44 PM

Shows like "Family Guy", "Arrested Development" and "Futurama" returned after pressure from fans.

I can't speak for Arrested Development, but in the cases of Futurama and Family Guy, it was DVD sales and popularity of repeats which influenced their comebacks, not any specific fan pressure. And American TV works very differently to British TV anyway. For a start, the reasons that those shows were stopped in the first place were completely different to why Green Wing seems to be ending here!

But hey, like you say, it's always worth a go - if you really do want it back of course.

Sorry, my mistake.

Don't worry about it - just don't get too hopeful! Like Mark said re: OFAH though, we can never be sure. Good to see people taking such active interest in shows if nothing else. :)

I've just found this that may be of interest.

In the "Radio Times", Victoria Pile gives a short interview. It says:

"Is tonight's special the last ever Green Wing. "Never say never, but it is complicated getting nine actors together and filming in a working hospital, well, two actually - Basingstoke in Hampshire and Northwick Park in Harrow, Middlesex," says writer-producer Victoria Pile. Yet there's a ray of hope for the show's fans, "I'm hoping to do another Channel 4 comedy imminently, possibly starring some of the same cast. Hopefully, it will be some kind of spin-off from Green Wing," says Pile, who won an Emmy for the sketch show Smack the Pony."

So there could be a spin-off of Green Wing, which is the next best thing after a third series.

Here's the source. http://community.livejournal.com/___greenwing/692551.html

yep-without the ties to the show so much-so if its rubbish, which Im hoping it wouldnt be, you can just section it off as not existing in your mind! woo! parfait!

Ah, Northwick Park, wow!

1000000 billion points for anyone (apart from Mark) who can tell me which other sitcom (possibly plural, but one in particular) it has featured in?

According to it's Wikipedia article, "The hospital was featured in the classic 1970s comedy Fawlty Towers and the 1976 horror film The Omen, and has been used as a set for both series of the Channel 4 comedy series Green Wing."