Is anybody getting what they deserve?

Well, are they? Errr

In what way? I mean, Blair's got a job in the middle east, so he may get shot soon. That'd be close to "getting what he deserves". Or are we talking Chrimbo pressies? Amounts of choclit? Mmm?

in a work sense i think everybody gets what they deserve.
you only get out what you put in etc.
if you want something hard enough then you get it etc.
if you spend years and years writing comedy then you'll end up doing it for a living etc
i hope

I went to a church of which denomination I shall not mention for fear of being killed and said that they were all deluded and should develope their own sense of morality from experience of interacting with their fellow men and women instead of accepting a dogma as truth just because somebody tells them to accept it and got a right good kicking. Was that fair or am I just intolerant of the religious views of others? I quite enjoyed it as I'm a masochist. Every cloud has a silver lining.

This a truth:

You have what you believe you can have.

Easy actually does it.

Mick Jagger himself said "You can't always get what you want but you can get what you need".
Please can someone tell my fooking nana I dont need hankies. Who uses hankies these days. I can not think of anything worse than watching a snot rag whirling around in the washing machine. I have been on this planet for 36 years & I have 36 packs of hankies. Some have my name embroided on them. Stitched lovingly yet wibbly wobbly, from arthritic shaking hands. That way, should I lose one & someone actualy feels the need to pick up my boogers, they will be able to return them to me.
Nana you know I love you, but you are very very old now. Lets make this your last christmas eh!

Quote: Charley @ December 2, 2007, 2:33 PM

Nana you know I love you, but you are very very old now. Lets make this your last christmas eh!

:O and Laughing out loud in equal measures!

Very funny Charley!Laughing out loud

Myself I would say that nobody deserves anything.

You have what you have and you get what you get, sometimes by chance and sometimes by any degree of work or skulduggery from very easy to very hard.

It helps if you enjoy the journey as the destination is not always where/what you hoped it would be! Having achieved some of my goals, I know that to be true for me anyway!

Quote: Frankie Rage @ December 3, 2007, 5:49 AM

Myself I would say that nobody deserves anything.

Yeah, but we've seen the results of Frankie rationale in other threads. :)

Quote: Aaron @ December 3, 2007, 9:23 AM

Yeah, but we've seen the results of Frankie rationale in other threads. :)

I don't really know what you mean to be honest BUT I cannot be held responsible for the sense of humour failure in others, Aaron. It's usually the ones who are 'up themselves' I find! ;)

What about your worst christmas ever.

Mine was when our cat got squished 3 weeks before christmas. . My Parents had brought it a stocking filled with little munchies & did not have the nonce to discard it upon realisation that it was now obsolete. They had not even wrote who it was too on the label. My Dad (Always been a daddy's girl) realised there was an extra pressie & let me have it. Well all I can say is that upon unwrapping it & realising what it was, 3 devastated little kids wailed all through the day over our little deado pusscat. I remember being 7 years old & realising for the very first time that my parents were F**kers.

Was your dad Santa at my dad's works do? It was a kids Christmas Party at the factory for us kids and we all had a turn in 'Santas Grotto' and this 'Santa' held me so roughly by my arms that there were thumb sized bruises, he also stank of beer! He gave me a toy which I'd already got so I told me so and he said (I kid you not): "Well, you've got two of them now haven't you, you little f**ker, Happy Christmas!"

Scarred I was, I have always f**ker had f**ker to f**ker say f**ker that f**ker word f**ker at f**ket Christams f**ker ever f**ker since! :)

Laughing out loud

Sounds like my Grandad actually.

I have never sat on Santas knee. My Mother told me all strange men were potentialy perverts. Then she tried to stick me on the lap of one. I tell you I am sure my Parents tried to twist my brain.
Well Ma & Pa I did'nt let you did I. Huh?

Now which one of my boys do I give a poem too about growing up with an absent dad? Eeny meeny miny mo. Which boy grizzles at Christmas. That one, yeyyyyy go go go. :D

Quote: Skibbington von Skubber @ December 2, 2007, 1:37 PM

This a truth:

You have what you believe you can have.

Easy actually does it.

There is a film called ..'The Secret' It's a good quality one seeing that Australia produced it. I watched it last month and thought the theory it was putting across an excellent one. briefly it said that we are all like magnets and only attract what we ourselves have asked for, be that positive or negative. I really found it interesting. So for instance if you believe your sitcom will be accepted and later televised....it will be but if in between you think...'No it's no chance' then the universe do that for you...i.e. no chance.
So, I'd just submitted stuff to Ch4 pilot comp and from then I thought positive, imagined them selecting my script and imagined going to Glasgow with the other eleven winners. I wrote about my success as per instructions in the film. I was so convinced that this is how the universe worked, I became really excited, waking up daily knowing that I would be a winner. The comp said that the 12 winners would be notified not later than the 30th November and this would be by email. No one else would be contacted.
I woke up overly excited on the 30th and low and behold, there's an email in my inbox from Ch4 Talent. It took me an hour before I dare evn open it and my thoughts again went to Glasgow with other winners. I opened it and it was their newsletter.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ December 3, 2007, 11:41 AM

I don't really know what you mean to be honest BUT I cannot be held responsible for the sense of humour failure in others, Aaron. It's usually the ones who are 'up themselves' I find! ;)

Laughing out loud

Quote: Charley @ December 3, 2007, 12:14 PM

What about your worst christmas ever.

Mine was when our cat got squished 3 weeks before christmas. . My Parents had brought it a stocking filled with little munchies & did not have the nonce to discard it upon realisation that it was now obsolete. They had not even wrote who it was too on the label. My Dad (Always been a daddy's girl) realised there was an extra pressie & let me have it. Well all I can say is that upon unwrapping it & realising what it was, 3 devastated little kids wailed all through the day over our little deado pusscat. I remember being 7 years old & realising for the very first time that my parents were F**kers.

:(