hello

hi everyone.I tried to join this site today only to be told i'd already joined...in june.So its probably time i introduced myself.
I am a 'resting writer' with a creative block that rivals the gr8 wall of china.I used to write for the stage,primarily theatre-in-education/social issue sketch based stuff but am interested in trying more comedy based writing.I'm desperately in need of collaborators/people on a similar wavelength because i work best through improv/mucking about and bouncing ideas off my cat is getting me nowhere.And pissing off the cat.I live in the middle of nowhere-on the north Devon/cornwall border so if theres anyone else from my area i'd love to hear from you.
I like Black Books,Mighty Boosh,Not Going Out,My Name Is Earl(in small doses),Mitchell and Webb,Classics like Python/Ronnie Barker,Stand-ups like Eddie Izzard,Alan Davies....
I dont like the office/any of jennifer saunders recent stuff and basically any comedy that relys on humiliation and spitefulness.
Anyway,I look forward to joining in some discussions on here and getting to know people,now i've found the site again Wave

hello!

Hi Nigh Towel,

You'll love it here!

Welcome Niteowl,

Like your analogy, the Great Wall of China is disappearing, so hopefully your writers block will too. And yes, I'm pretty darn sure our Rubes is from your region, you lucky dog you.

Wave

Hello and welcome! :)

Hi Niteowl welcome to the BSG Wave

Adam

Quote: niteowl @ November 11, 2007, 1:20 AM

hi everyone.I tried to join this site today only to be told i'd already joined...in june.So its probably time i introduced myself.
I am a 'resting writer' with a creative block that rivals the gr8 wall of china.I used to write for the stage,primarily theatre-in-education/social issue sketch based stuff but am interested in trying more comedy based writing.I'm desperately in need of collaborators/people on a similar wavelength because i work best through improv/mucking about and bouncing ideas off my cat is getting me nowhere.And pissing off the cat.I live in the middle of nowhere-on the north Devon/cornwall border so if theres anyone else from my area i'd love to hear from you.
I like Black Books,Mighty Boosh,Not Going Out,My Name Is Earl(in small doses),Mitchell and Webb,Classics like Python/Ronnie Barker,Stand-ups like Eddie Izzard,Alan Davies....
I dont like the office/any of jennifer saunders recent stuff and basically any comedy that relys on humiliation and spitefulness.
Anyway,I look forward to joining in some discussions on here and getting to know people,now i've found the site again Wave

*cough cough* Grammar and spelling Nazi here. Capital Is when talking in the first person about oneself, no "txt spk" ("gr8"), and some spaces please! >_<

Other than that, good moaning! Anyone who likes cats, but NOT The Office or Saunders is alright by me! :D

Welcome Niteowl. Wave

Hi.

hey Niteowl :D I love Black Books and Mighty Boosh too :)

I like cats and The Office.
Can we still be friends? Teary

I like cats too :O they dont like me much though it seems :(

Aw.
Maybe it's those lucky dogs bollocks you keep in your pocket.

Hi niteowl, welcome to the board, have fun here. Don't worry too much about Aaron's comment ... he does it to everyone ... but somebody has to try and run the asylum! The longer I live here in Spain the more I consider English to be the most 'bastard' language on earth. At least with Spanish, once you've got the pronunciation of the letters in the alphabet off pat, speaking it is kinda easy (even if the meaning is lost of the words you are maybe reading aloud!). English, on the other hand, manages to spell a same-sounding single-syllable word (take sight, site and cite for example) and spell the result completely differently. Also the Spanish don't go in for any unnecessary capital letters either ... so noviembre is November (no cap) ... much easier to cope with, same with day names and lots of other stuff like the use of 'f' instead of the weird English 'ph' which we probably nicked from the Greeks! And here we've also got useful extra punctuation symbols such as anything preceded by ¡ is an exclamation, similarly ¿ precedes a question. So, consider yourself just adding to the English language ... it's been going on for centuries and it ain't going to stop regardless of what Aaron or anyone else dictates. So endeth a long and probably pointless post ... but as I said ... have fun!!!

Yeah, but the Spanish are all delirious with sunstroke, so their opinions don't count. :P