ScreenPlay Productions

Anyone had any dealings with this outfit?

http://www.screenplayproductions.ltd.uk/

I was contacted by them direct. Apparently they found my profile on this site. They say they're looking for sitcom material for Ch4 and BBC.

I've also been contacted by them, not sure what to make of them yet.

I've not heard of this outfit... all I'd say is always approach work offers with caution. There are genuine employers looking through our writers directory (and at face value these people look ok) - but equally there is the odd scammer on the internet obviously.

There's no harm in starting dialouge with them I'd say - but if they ever ask you for money to produce a pilot of your script or anything like that then back away straight away!

I had an e-mail off them. They dont seem to have done much in regards to tv comedy, but it cant hurt to send them a few pages of something.

Quote: Mark @ November 10, 2007, 12:56 PM

I've not heard of this outfit... all I'd say is always approach work offers with caution. There are genuine employers looking through our writers directory (and at face value these people look ok) - but equally there is the odd scammer on the internet obviously.

There's no harm in starting dialouge with them I'd say - but if they ever ask you for money to produce a pilot of your script or anything like that then back away straight away!

You took the words right out of my thread!

I have 1 or 12 ideas in treatment form, i might try them out, see what they're like, response times, feedback etc.

They've produced a couple of films it seems but not much in the way of comedy.

Is the fact they're not a ".co.uk" but a ".ltd.uk" anything to worry about?

labial transmitted disease?

I just sent them my Red Planet entry and got a response already.

They told me to re-format it.

What format did you send it in?

Dunno but they suggested Scriptsmart Gold on BBC Writersroom.

Just surprised to get a response on a saturday afternoon within about an hour or so.

They must mean business.

Strange it doesn't say who's involved in the company though.

They contacted me too. Called me Andrew instead of Earman. There seems to be a genuine opportunty here and I'll contact them for sure.

Not sure if it's a coincidence, but are they only contacting the ones with pictures in their profile?

:(

:P