Head of Muslim Council of Britain Speaks! Page 2

lol

To us perhaps - but it's relative.

Quote: Mark @ November 10, 2007, 1:06 PM

Very interesting yes! It seems the Aussies have lots of good ideas... perhaps we need to re-draft our society around a BBQ?

Laughing out loud

Don't they barbecue fish a lot though? God I hate the stuff.

A British born Muslim said, we are not British Muslims, we are Muslims in Britain...

I think if your (organised) religion is not that important to you, it's going to be difficult to undestand why this religion thing is so important to some folk... to believe something so strongly that you'll blow up women and children..

But then Nazis, so called 'Freedom Fighters', so called 'suicide bombers' and all the governments of the World have killed women and children in pursuit of some 'so called' 'right way'...

It's getting harder than ever on this ever more crowded planet for the old "each to his own" philosphy to work effectively.

I mean, the bloody Aussies, their 'so called' '200 year tradition' comes from bloody criminal stock don't it? So why should their rule of such a large and beautiful piece of this planet be the right one and why should it remain under their control?

And why does the Duke of Westminster 'own' Mayfair? Oh, right it was 'given' to his family by somebody else who didn't actually 'own it' either... Somebody who just 'took it' and said 'it's mine'...

How can anybody 'own' a piece of the planet?

How ludicrous!!!

Why is it OK for some folk to 'take things' and then keep them forever and for others to have nothing?

;)

Nick Lyndhurst sums it up in OFAH.

We do not own this planet, we are merely the lease holders.

On that basis, I think it's time we had a close look at the terms of the lease! ;)

Quote: Frankie Rage @ November 11, 2007, 12:28 PM

I think if your (organised) religion is not that important to you, it's going to be difficult to undestand why this religion thing is so important to some folk... to believe something so strongly that you'll blow up women and children..

The religion itself is not the issue. The issue is that they have been seemingly so easily led into believe that "the West" hates them all, for and BECAUSE of their religion. Whilst this may be true of reactionary persons from other religions (who have no real knowledge or understanding of Islam), these people are thankfully a minority (and very very rarely of any actual real influence). The educated majority do not share this opinion, and are exasperated by the Muslim belief to the opposite.

(Actually, in my experience the same is true of the Scots, who seem to perceive that we English believe that we own them. But that's another discussion altogether.)

Quote: Frankie Rage @ November 11, 2007, 12:28 PM

But then Nazis, so called 'Freedom Fighters', so called 'suicide bombers' and all the governments of the World have killed women and children in pursuit of some 'so called' 'right way'...

See, this is something else that makes me uncomfortable. Why are women and children perceived to be so much more important and special than men? I thought that we're all meant to be equal. Rolling eyes

bombs made by men designed by men for killing other men.

Quote: Aaron @ November 11, 2007, 1:06 PM

See, this is something else that makes me uncomfortable. Why are women and children perceived to be so much more important and special than men? I thought that we're all meant to be equal. Rolling eyes

I agree, that's annoying.

The religion itself is not the issue. The issue is that they have been seemingly so easily led into believe that "the West" hates them all, for and BECAUSE of their religion. Whilst this may be true of reactionary persons from other religions (who have no real knowledge or understanding of Islam), these people are thankfully a minority (and very very rarely of any actual real influence). The educated majority do not share this opinion, and are exasperated by the Muslim belief to the opposite.

(Actually, in my experience the same is true of the Scots, who seem to perceive that we English believe that we own them. But that's another discussion altogether.)

Think we'll let Charley answer that one Aaron.

Laughing out loud

1. The educated majority? Laughing out loud And who would they be then?

2. The English have ALWAYS owned the Scots! You know that. When a Scotsman wins anything, he's from Great Britain (i.e. England!) It's only when he loses he's from Scotland!

3. If you don't think women and children are more important than men, it's a sure sign that you're gay! ;)

Does that mean I'm gay too? :(

Well, I've just looked it up and apparently, it only applies if your name begins with an 'A'..

Anyway, what's wrong with being gay?

;)

Quote: Frankie Rage @ November 12, 2007, 12:27 AM

1. The educated majority? Laughing out loud And who would they be then?

Almost anyone who's not American, or you, I suspect.

2. The English have ALWAYS owned the Scots! You know that. When a Scotsman wins anything, he's from Great Britain (i.e. England!) It's only when he loses he's from Scotland!

You really are an idiot.

3. If you don't think women and children are more important than men, it's a sure sign that you're gay! ;)

And if you do, then you're a paedophile. Rolling eyes