Inside No 9 - Series 8

Good opener, though the ending was a bit of a let down. I guessed it was just Reece doing the voice. I was waiting for something else to happen and it just ended. Very good practical effects work on the foot.

(Sort of spoilers...)

The foot was amazing! After they asked the parrot the question it looked down, I wondered if the money was under the floor.
It did end very suddenly though.

Yep - pretty much knew how it would play out once Phil Daniels turned up.
Good fun though.

It doesn't ever affect me normally, but the foot sequence had me squirming as it was so realistic, and Phil Daniels was superb. And loved the brass flower pot shoved on the end. 😆

And agree about the ending, but I find a lot of these finish up in the air, so you have to draw your own conclusions.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 27th April 2023, 10:42 PM

Good opener....................

It's actually the second episode, the first one of this series 'The Bones of St Nicholas' , went out last Christmas.

And the golden hare was where?....

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th April 2023, 8:24 AM

And the golden hare was where?....

https://www.reddit.com/r/insideno9/comments/131813s/season_8_mothers_ruin_whareabouts/

I'd already spotted it (and it disappeared in later scenes)

Are these getting a bit samey? I watched it but nothing sticks in my memory.

"She was exactly the same in last year's Ayckbourn".

At least we could understand this one, which I thought was very good and well written, though I could see what was going to happen a mile off when his wife went to work with the umbrella.

Enjoyable

Great episode, very creative. I suppose the only downside is the inevitability of the ending, despite how hard they worked to fool us into thinking it was a happy ending.

I hadn't clocked that a new series had started, so thanks for the heads-up.

Ep 1 (or 2, for pedants), was fun, with some nice guest performances, but was pretty dubious and a bit predictable (though the foot was astonishingly icky).

Ep 2 was much better. of course nobody could fail to see the final twist coming, but it was a very funny little half-hour. The am dram characters were great twice over.

I thought tonight's was one of if not the weakest episode in the entire show so far. I struggled to see any point to it. Was the ending meant to come as a surprise? I knew she was the killer in the first thirty seconds, hence I spent the whole episode waiting for some kind of twist or development that never came.

Well, we didn't KNOW she was. But I'm sure most viewers considered the possibility at some point. They were all assholes and potential killers I thought. (Mathew Horne pretty much always looks like a murderer to me.)
I loved the last line.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 11th May 2023, 10:34 PM

I thought tonight's was one of if not the weakest episode in the entire show so far.