Ageism in comedy commissioning Page 5

Quote: Firkin @ 13th January 2023, 8:22 PM

Not according to current marketing statistics... https://www.statista.com/statistics/824464/mean-disposable-income-per-household-by-age-uk/

My kids reliability inform me that the minute parents start turning up to gigs, it's no longer fashionable. So some things don't change. But I'm impressed you managed to squeeze sperm and f**king into your take on what Andy meant by 18-34 . That's how they use to promote club18-30 back in the day.

πŸ˜‚Even when I was in the right age bracket that was my idea of hell.

I wasn't talking about live comedy & age, that's something different. My 24 yr old isn't in the least bit phased by me coming to his punk gigs though πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Oh, and thanks for the statistics, they'll come in handy when the millennials are moaning on Twitter about how easy the 'boomers' have it πŸ™‚

Quote: Hildegard @ 13th January 2023, 7:35 AM

I'm sorry, but I've no idea who you are and you've completely misread the situation.

Oh, and if being called a prick would affect you emotionally, that's really not my problem. Your emotions are not my responsibility.

Hi Hildegard, we got off on the wrong foot and I hope to correct that. I've not misread the situation and I was referring to you getting angry at people here not anyone at C4 or any broadcaster who wouldn't give you the time of day if you had the same attitude of calling people dicks. That was my point :)

Online forums are made up of real people with real feelings so it's shocking how you can say you don't care about that. What a way to make friends eh? Don't ever join the Samaritans.

Btw my mum and gran used to come to my gigs and would sing along to It's So Easy.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 14th January 2023, 9:19 AM

Hi Hildegard, we got off on the wrong foot and I hope to correct that. I've not misread the situation and I was referring to you getting angry at people here not anyone at C4 or any broadcaster who wouldn't give you the time of day if you had the same attitude of calling people dicks. That was my point :)

Online forums are made up of real people with real feelings so it's shocking how you can say you don't care about that. What a way to make friends eh? Don't ever join the Samaritans.

Btw my mum and gran used to come to my gigs and would sing along to It's So Easy.

I'm the words of the great Helen Mirren "I wish I'd used the words 'F**k Off' more."

Quote: Hildegard @ 14th January 2023, 10:25 AM

I'm the words of the great Helen Mirren "I wish I'd used the words 'F**k Off' more."

Rood?

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 14th January 2023, 11:00 AM

Whoosh.

That's *exactly* the sound my brain made when you claimed to want to rectify getting off on the wrong foot then followed it with that passive aggressive nonsense. Amazing that you heard it too!
I'm not here looking for friends, and producers seem happy enough to work with me (some of them even swear 😳) so, if you'd like to discuss the issue of ageism in the arts, great. If you're just here to tone-police and patronise other users I'll be over there ---->

"Passive aggressive nonsense" what planet are you on?

This isn't some open mic spot for you to show your anti-heckling skills.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 14th January 2023, 11:11 AM

"Passive aggressive nonsense" what planet are you on?

This isn't some open mic spot for you to show your anti-heckling skills.

" Online forums are made up of real people with real feelings so it's shocking how you can say you don't care about that. What a way to make friends eh? Don't ever join the Samaritans." Amongst others...

Have a nice weekend. I don't think we're going to achieve anything here so let's leave it, eh?

Everyone participating in this thread needs to calm down.

Stop sniping at each other and return to the original subject of age issues in broadcast comedy, or look forward to some enforced time out.

Quote: Aaron @ 14th January 2023, 11:56 AM

Everyone participating in this thread needs to calm down.

Stop sniping at each other and return to the original subject of age issues in broadcast comedy, or look forward to some enforced time out.

Point taken. I will wind my neck in.

Do you get strict often? *rubs thighs*

Quote: Hildegard @ 14th January 2023, 12:04 PM

Point taken. I will wind my neck in.

Do you get strict often? *rubs thighs*

You wouldn't want to know Aaron when he gets angry.

Difficult to have a debate with someone who takes offence at anything they disagree with.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th January 2023, 1:15 PM

You wouldn't want to know Aaron when he gets angry.

I might πŸ‘€πŸ˜‚