Funny cartoons Page 34

Words by me. Picture by A.N.Other.

Another iconic cartoon, this time by the Italian master Raphael.
it depicts fishermen who have suddenly pulled in a miraculous haul of fish following a tip from a watching stranger.

The marvellous Roz Chast, New Yorker cartoonist.

Talking of the New Yorker - reminds me of when I had the honour of briefing Jean -Jacque Sempé to do a handful of cartoons for an ad campaign, back in the mid-eighties.
No surprises that the Chairman made off with the originals!

Something topical, as the 'Festival' is in the news today.

I read a long piece today about what they tried their best not to call the Festival of Brexit, a sorry tale of cock-ups and profligate wasting of public money - £120 million at the last count. It ended up an assortment of half-baked events with no connection or overall plan, amateurish and ignored by the public. In short, a perfect metaphor for Brexit.

It should have climaxed in the public immolation of Jacob Rees-Mogg and Nigel Farage inside a giant Wicker Man.

Thanks to Lazard for the Banx cartoon.

MODERN CURSES

. . . and may your subtitles never be in sync.

My friends on this BCG forum and others, have persuaded me to post again on this thread.

I had to correct one person on this forum, saying that they are not my threads. I started them, yes, but it's open to anyone to post material, as long as it's not mine reposted and recaptioned.

LOVE THIS............................

Nice mix of amusing and musing styles on this page. Love this one (and Larson's)

Quote: alison blunderland @ 31st August 2022, 9:15 AM

Love the Larson and the Modern Curses. That one's got to be from The New Yorker, am I right, Alison?

Quote: alison blunderland @ 3rd September 2022, 9:52 AM

MODERN CURSES

. . . and may your subtitles never be in sync.

and may the camera on your Iphone never work.