Sign The Petition - British Comedy Awards

Sorry about mentioning another comedy site but Chortle are running a petition to get The British Comedy Awards shown on TV. I'm sure that all us comedy fans look forward to this show and it will be a real shame if it isn't shown.You can sign the petition here- http://www.petitiononline.com/chortle1/

I was just about to post that. Nice one

It's the biggest weepie of the year; then we can turn over to the news for a good laugh.

Awards shows are really boring though, dude...

Even comedy and music ones (and I love comedy and music) but it's just some smart ass presenter and a load of folk patting each other on the back... do we really want to encourage that?

It's not good TV really mate... I'd rather they commissioned one new decent sketch writer... rather than more coverage of folk who are already doing well...

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 30, 2007, 12:34 AM

Even comedy and music ones (and I love comedy and music) but it's just some smart ass presenter and a load of folk patting each other on the back... do we really want to encourage that?

It's not good TV really mate... I'd rather they commissioned one new decent sketch writer... rather than more coverage of folk who are already doing well...

I respect your opinion, even though it is wrong ;)

I'll sign it. I actually enjoy it.

Well I guess even I can't be right all the time... ;)

Waste your time with all that Awards claptrap by all means!!!

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ October 30, 2007, 2:57 AM

I'll sign it. I actually enjoy it.

The ONLY ward ceremony I actually enjoy, signed.

Agreed, although I wouldn't mind receiving an award one day, "Hi Mum, I'm on telly!".

Quote: Paul Rimmer @ October 29, 2007, 11:29 PM

Sorry about mentioning another comedy site but Chortle are running a petition to get The British Comedy Awards shown on TV.

Chortle do a good job of covering comedy news - I admire them and hope that one day our news service can be as impressively comprehensive as theirs.

I've signed the petition but somehow I don't think it's going to have much of an impact on ITV - they're not going to panic over 300 signatures. They're more likely to reverse their decision to save losing that £700,000 and keep the 10 million or so viewers who tune in each year.

Quote: Leevil @ October 30, 2007, 9:42 AM

Agreed, although I wouldn't mind receiving an award one day, "Hi Mum, I'm on telly!".

Hell, you can do that without getting an award. Raid the set.

Remember that companies and goverments view one signiture as a representation of 100 people, not just the one.

a) Have you ever watched the BCAs? It may just be a big circle-jerk, but it can still be very funny.
b) It's already arranged, paid for, and the rest. Commissioning something else will be neither here nor there.

If they don't broadcast it, I reckon it'll be a Midsomer Murders repeat.

Quote: Aaron @ October 30, 2007, 5:11 PM

a) Have you ever watched the BCAs? It may just be a big circle-jerk, but it can still be very funny.
b) It's already arranged, paid for, and the rest. Commissioning something else will be neither here nor there.

If they don't broadcast it, I reckon it'll be a Midsomer Murders repeat.

I have sat through the first 10 to 15 minutes of most awards shows (I was a TV junkie once believe it or not...) but I am not into the various genres of the entertainment industry slapping each other on the back... bor-ing...

I am not against THIS particular award show but ALL award shows.. but so what, my one signature only represents a hundred nutters like me (according to Rube.. ;))

They are popular but they ain't art, geezer!!

Hattie xxx

Like Tate Modern then?

... Except most of that I wouldn't exactly describe as popular either. ;)

(The slides were f**king amazing though.)