Freedom Day. Page 3

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th July 2021, 12:57 PM

Try balance your arguement by what should be done.
That's the tricky bit eh so you'll ignore it.

Wrong again.
You really are a glutton for punishment.
Keep masks mandatory for crowded places and indoors where there is close proximity.
That's it. It works and it's not a tremendous hardship for most.
It's what the government are 'urging' & the scientists are 'begging' us to do.
So make it the law. Like it has been up to now.

Also, I love the way your "Not where live!" counts as empirical scientific proof
whereas National Polls are dismissed as hogwash at best.
Unless you mean actually in your house.
In which case I'll allow you that.

Nicely dodged...not. Do you only believe polls if they are what you think.
Did you take part in any? Rhetorical question, you didn't.
There have been many crowded places in recent weeks and the death rate is still very low.

We are not dying of it. Time to be free and live with it.

It's not gluttony of punishment, it's putting things right.
If you want to wear a mask, as I've said before, go ahead. They've really worked well.

And don't hang on polls ffs, they have been so wrong every time - the same with sage predictions
We've done our bit in isolating being locked down, time to move on.

And I'm sure you will.
I would expect nothing less/more.

I'm keeping my mask on for a bit
And am pondering a few upcoming get togethers and whether they are worthwhile,
Just because the Government say it's legally ok not to wear a mask, I don't always trust them on everything , but that's just me
( If you lived where I do you'd think that ruling came in 6 months ago)
Well played TFL for keeping the mask rule going
And to be truthful Euro 2021 was like asking for a third or fourth wave, people can't be sensible.

I will continue to parkour my way down the pavement past people who don't seem to be able to stop talking for a second or have any spacial awareness

Sticking a flare up one's arse is probably a good way of maintaining social distancing.

Happy Freedom Day everybody!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 18th July 2021, 11:26 PM

Yes, but the bit won't know what you look like

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 18th July 2021, 11:26 PM

95% (approx) mask compliance at Morrisons this AM.
Perhaps there is hope for humanity.

Quote: Lazzard @ 19th July 2021, 1:04 PM

Perhaps there is hope for humanity.

I would never have pegged you as a Morrisons man. Your posts have a Waitrose vibe.

Quote: chipolata @ 19th July 2021, 1:07 PM

I would never have pegged you as a Morrisons man. Your posts have a Waitrose vibe.

Man of the people me!
Prefer Aldi if I'm honest - although we've pretty well kicked the supermarket habit over the last 18 months - but Boy Wonder's got some mates coming over and he had his eye on a specific pizza(?)
Kids today, eh.
Of course, normally we make our own from scratch, dontcha know...

Quote: Lazzard @ 19th July 2021, 1:04 PM

They probably thought you were from Asda doing all that counting. Did you get thrown out ?

I'm keeping my mask on as my daughter prefers that. She won't wear one thought. As she says her generation needs to mingle, where as I'm happy in the garden with friends and family (bubbles).

All the kids I know are pretty cool with it - sort of Japanese vibe - but they're all Art School kids so, maybe they don't represent the majority.

Quote: Lazzard @ 19th July 2021, 1:22 PM

- sort of Japanese vibe -

Maskless Kamikazes? She does wear one to be respectful, but says she and her colleagues aren't bothered and would rather not. Ironically she's studying Art and likes to fly in the face of popular opinion. Apparently you need to shock, make a statement, to be noticed in the Art world nowadays. Mind you Britain has done very well in Art in recent decades Hirst, Freud, Bacon, Hockney, Emins. Not too shabby. :)

Freedom? Oh, freedom - that's just some people dreamin'.

Quote: Firkin @ 19th July 2021, 2:54 PM

. Mind you Britain has done very well in Art in recent decades Hirst, Freud, Bacon, Hockney, Emins. Not too shabby. :)

Emin? Eh?