Saucy seaside postcards Page 65

Quote: alison blunderland @ 22nd August 2022, 9:50 AM

Same drawing with dialogue changed simply to reflect my own sense of humour.

We slide further down into the grubby, mucky pit.

Your caption is 10x funnier than the original.

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd August 2022, 1:36 PM

Your caption is 10x funnier than the original.

Then I'll leave the thread all to him/her then, as clearly I'm talking out of the back of my head.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd August 2022, 2:58 PM

Then I'll leave the thread all to him/her then, as clearly I'm talking out of the back of my head.

Hey man, funny is funny.

Don't take it personally if someone wants to exercise some humorous creativity, and it's not a big deal if someone finds it funny. This is a comedy forum, and we're all "friends," so a little honest discussion should be welcomed.

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd August 2022, 3:06 PM

Hey man, funny is funny.

And this is a Saucy Seaside Postcards thread, NOT a funny pictures thread, which has it's own place on the forum.

Seaside postcards are a particular form of humour, that I believe is exclusive to the Brits, so don't try and teach me about it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd August 2022, 3:18 PM

And this is a Saucy Seaside Postcards thread, NOT a funny pictures thread, which has it's own place on the forum.

Seaside postcards are a particular form of humour, that I believe is exclusive to the Brits, so don't try and teach me about it.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

The item I'm discussing is a seaside postcard, albeit with a modified caption. As far as I know, you weren't the person who wrote the original caption, so it seems a bit petulant to get offended when a fellow forum member tries to wring a little more comedy out of a decades-old postcard.

You'll never see my point, because you are not familiar with Seaside Postcards and that style of humour (being bastardised), so I end the conversation and thread right here.

How you can think taking an innocent seaside card and putting an up-skirting "joke" on it is OK, is beyond me.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd August 2022, 3:31 PM

You'll never see my point, because you are not familiar with Seaside Postcards and that style of humour

Humorous seaside postcards are not unique to Great Britain, as I remember seeing similar cards for sale on the boardwalk at Daytona Beach 50 years ago. Even had I not, I think I would have become quite familiar with them after seeing dozens posted here - they're not exactly a sophisticated form of humor. I assume the whole point was that they could be easily enjoyed by Nigel Beachgoer and his working-class friends without a lot of deep thought involved.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 22nd August 2022, 3:31 PM

How you can think taking an innocent seaside card and putting an up-skirting "joke" on it is OK, is beyond me.

How you can think that I was referring to anything other than the "that's a moray" card is beyond me, especially considering that I included the image in my comment.

Original drawing with original caption.

If a joke was going to destroy the thread, it may as well be this one, it's excellent work.

Original drawing with original caption.

The second one is very clever if you're Dean Martin.

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd August 2022, 8:43 PM

The second one is very clever if you're Dean Martin.

The first cons'nant or vowel
Of the guy singing now,
That's M or A

Quote: DaButt @ 22nd August 2022, 3:06 PM

This is a comedy forum, and we're all "friends,"

:D

As funny as it is, it's not original.

Original drawing with original caption

Original drawing with my own caption.

She's got the face of Alfred E. Neuman.

"Let's do the conga!"
"But it's a Moray!