Best Brexit Rumour

Lets make some rumours designed to cause trouble . Now we are looking for the more plausible /authentic ones.

Here's mine and as is the law of rumours it comes via 'A Mate'

Referendum
My mate works as a driver for a national printers and he has been scheduled in for as much overtime as possible next week as have all the staff except the typesetters , They're only using one certain typesetter for this job who's been there years and they trust.
Not only that but the printers were told that they won't get the copy to print it till Midnight Monday.
However they have been given the dimensions set up and everything and its a one sided A5 piece of paper.

And to top it off the lad who cleans the factory windows can lip read and he reckons his boss was telling someone else over the phone that they have just got the job to print the 2nd Referendum ballot paper.

F**king stitch up thats what it is!

Sorry for the swearing at the end , you sort of have to do that to add gravitas

Oh but the public causing trouble is so yesterday. This responsibility has now been acquired along with everything else by elected "representatives" who are entirely unaccountable.

Before 12 April, MPs have decided to narrow down the options to just two. Option A is that they chuck out all the seats in the House of Commons, set light to themselves and the building and do nothing. Option B is effectively an amendment. The first parts would still occur but there would be a replacement on the site by what will be London's biggest ever zoo.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 28th March 2019, 8:09 PM

London's biggest ever zoo.

I think you'll find that, before very long, London itself will have become London's biggest ever zoo.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th March 2019, 8:23 PM

I think you'll find that, before very long, London itself will have become London's biggest ever zoo.

Well, this is certainly true although Southampton is the place that takes the biscuit.

In 36 hours:

1. The 73 year old bloke who could hardly walk and talk who joined me for breakfast at the B and B to say that he was on bail for allegedly hitting his wife although her story kept changing. First it was a metal bar, then a hammer, then a builder's mallet.

2. The bloke immediately outside - a father of nine, born 1964 - and totally out of it all the time, wandering up and down that street 24/7 and who threw his arms around me on four occasions as I tried to leave, telling me I was ugly but a great bloke and he would only let me go if I agreed to listen to him playing Danny Boy on the harmonica which I did four times.

3. Going round the perimeter of West Quay shopping centre just after 10am, just two people there, a middle aged oriental bloke and me - his eyes contorted with rage on seeing me and he gave me anti-semitic abuse - I have a big nose but actually am not Jewish and was supporting the Saints against Spurs the previous day.

4. Random youths selling drugs behind St Mary's just before 11am. "Could you tell me the way to the river" I asked. Totally ignored.

5. Bench at a shopping centre, Sunday midday - a lovely 90 year old man decides he wants to talk to me about the war and he is genuinely interesting. His daughter-in-law is fine and buys into it. His son stands up and says to me "thanks very much - it is time for you to go" and he is left handed, holds out his left hand to shake my hand as a goodbye so that I have to shake his by the left feeling uncomfortable being right handed.

6. Man Utd v Arsenal on a big screen. Watch the game with six friendly Dutch blokes who no one else talks to. I try to engage two blokes of about 20 in basic talk. The white one says "would you please leave me and my best friend to be on our own".

7. Ratty bloke selling tickets at Southampton Central. "So you want a return to Lulworth - travelling now and coming back at 11am". No, I say politely, "much later than 11am". "Don't you get it" he rages "after 11am - are you thick?". I ask him to be civil and he reddens - he's obviously been like that before to many in his life and has never been confronted by an attempt at superiority. (to be frank superiority doesn't suit me and I struggle with it - if I am its last representative then we really have a problem)

8. SW Rail bloke carrying bags for a very old lady on the platform. "I can't do all of this - once you have sat down, that's my lot".

9. Group of students sprawled out on the terrace at the Giddy Bridge talking about Jews along the lines of "I don't mind them but". Seeing I was the only other person there, I assumed it was a parade for my benefit. The smug C of E ness in me (there is no Jewish in me whatsoever but I did get this kind of thing in the 1970s because I look as if I am) sat there listening to it knowing the truth and their ignorance. But obviously the main message was that Jewish people really do now have a lot to worry about which is a shame because I have in my time been so in with them that I have attended traditional Jewish weddings.

Oh and what a happy little world we have.

Give me the pandas any day of the week.

I've never understood anti-Semitism, mainly because nobody has ever explained to me what "the Jews" are supposed to have done to upset people in the past, are doing to upset people at the moment or are expected to be doing to upset people in the future.

I fully understand Palestinian indignation regarding the state of Israel. It must be quite galling to have millions of foreigners move into your country and start running a huge chunk of it their own way. Let's hope nothing like that ever happens here. However, the state of Israel and "the Jews" are by no means the same thing. Never once in my life have I ever heard anybody ask where comedy and musical theatre would be without the state of Israel.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th March 2019, 11:27 PM

I've never understood anti-Semitism, mainly because nobody has ever explained to me what "the Jews" are supposed to have done to upset people in the past, are doing to upset people at the moment or are expected to be doing to upset people in the future.

I fully understand Palestinian indignation regarding the state of Israel. It must be quite galling to have millions of foreigners move into your country and start running a huge chunk of it their own way. Let's hope nothing like that ever happens here. However, the state of Israel and "the Jews" are by no means the same thing. Never once in my life have I ever heard anybody ask where comedy and musical theatre would be without the state of Israel.

Very good.

This site is BCG not ACG but the greatest American sitcoms and much more are Jewish if not Irish. Much of Jewish music is great. I can understand where Islamophobia is coming from but I don't in any way subscribe to it. I will vote as I choose to vote (I did ask the SDP to ring me yesterday but they couldn't be arsed). If I swing wildly to the far right, I will genuinely be very upset about impacts on people of ethnicity but I think something is needed to shake white liberals in their sandals of all political colours. My uncle, god rest him, was at the stage when I was in my 20s of voting either for the National Front or the Marxist-Leninists. I loved him dearly. He was my godfather and one of the people who had to sort out the carnage in Belsen although he could never bring himself to talk about it and that sort of thing which liars deny meant he was lost to mainstream politics within a few years. I thought on this he was a fool. No longer. I could easily go Communist. I might do for a week next week. Anything other than all of what is in the current Parliament which is utter (dangerous) rubbish.,

I've heard a rumour that extreme left and extreme right parties will be vying for our votes in the foreseeable future following the Brexit debacle.

Before casting my own vote I will say to those parties "I understand that under your regime, I will be put to death if I criticise the government but will I be allowed to comment (comedically or otherwise) upon non-governmental individuals of all genders, ethnicities, nationalities, shapes, sizes, religions, ages, levels of education, disability, sexual orientations and political persuasion simply because I believe they deserve to be commented upon?

The party that says "yes" will not only get my vote, but I'll also put a picture of their local candidate in my front window.

O brave new world!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th March 2019, 11:55 PM

I've heard a rumour that extreme left and extreme right parties will be vying for our votes in the foreseeable future following the Brexit debacle.

Before casting my own vote I will say to those parties "I understand that under your regime, I will be put to death if I criticise the government but will I be allowed to comment (comedically or otherwise) upon non-governmental individuals of all genders, ethnicities, nationalities, shapes, sizes, religions, ages, levels of education, disability, sexual orientations and political persuasion simply because I believe they deserve to be commented upon?

The party that says "yes" will not only get my vote, but I'll also put a picture of their local candidate in my front window.

O brave new world!

Thank you for signing up to my party. There is no subscription as we don't believe in money. We also don't do Facebook. Hope this is alright.

A million more people voted to leave the EU than remain in the EU.
The losing voters immediately started a campaign of fear as to what the future held when we left.
When the fear was instilled and people were genuinely frightened, they then demanded a second vote.

Oh sorry - the topic was Brexit rumours.

The most encouraging rumour is that, as a result of the Brexit debacle, a great many people in Britain have looked around at the state of the country and realised that British politicians are, for the most part, entirely unfit to organise a drunken party in a brewery.

Because both parliament and the EU disagree the final decision will be given to the Pope.

He can kiss my ring.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 29th March 2019, 9:31 AM

people in Britain have looked around at the state of the country and realised that British politicians are, for the most part, entirely unfit to organise a drunken party in a brewery.

Lets give them more power then ! Yeah, Boris meet my wife. Free duck houses for the homeless.

I understand that the rest of the House is closely watching how Chris Grayling votes. Then they can vote for the alternative proposals. Once they are whittled down to just two options, and Chris Grayling casts his vote for one of them, they will know that the other option is clearly the only viable workable proposal. Simple.

Quote: Firkin @ 29th March 2019, 10:03 AM

Lets give them more power then ! Yeah, Boris meet my wife. Free duck houses for the homeless.

The difference is, with reasonable effort the population can actually get the UK MPs out of power and replace them with a different lot. That is virtually impossible with the EU commission, so if the EU government is as inept or goes power-mad, you are well & truly stuck with it.

Hence, leave the EU now, then sort out the UK Parliament situation afterwards.

~~~~~