Best Brexit Rumour Page 3

Quote: Firkin @ 31st March 2019, 4:16 PM

Countries are like women, they yearn to be invaded, they beg for domination, lets strap on the Brexit dildo and get this job done. Hug

Quote: Rood Eye @ 31st March 2019, 4:39 PM

I'll tell you what, Firks - I'm bloody glad I didn't write that! Laughing out loud

That's just what I was thinking.........................Furkin' hell I thought. ( sits back with big grin on face awaiting posts from zooo, Briosaid et al ) :D

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st March 2019, 2:51 PM

Then why did we have one, for fun?

That's an ecumenical question!

Quote: billwill @ 31st March 2019, 8:28 PM

That's an ecumenical question!

No it isn't. Plain and simply, it was for the Tory party's problems. This country is f**ked up by the Tory party..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the best Brexit Rumour:

Cameron called for the referendum and when the result came in realised he had made a giant mistake, this would break up the conservative party, so he got together with Theresa May and they concocted a cunning plan. TM agreed to sacrifice herself for the good of the "Party", so Cameron resigned and TM was elected PM, taking over the "poisoned chalice".

TM promptly took over the negotiations of Brexit, and contrives to oblige the whole of Parliament to insist on control of issuing the Article 50 notice . Parliament agrees this blindly, because they think they have control and the 2-year time limit is set and that it includes hard deadlines. Legislation is passed that can only be removed by further legislation.

Knowing that could never be a plan that satisfied both sides of the party, (the Remainers and the Exiteers), TM dawdled the negotiations with the EU to spin out the 2 year notice period, then comes up with the massive (unreadable) Withdrawal Agreement, which promises lots of money to the EU and has enough dubious stuff to ensure that one side or the other or both of Parliament will reject it.

Then not really trying to change it in any significant way, she presents it twice more to Parliament to get it rejected repeatedly. All this is wow and bluster so that the MPs don't realise the deadline is approaching and have forgotten that the default action is a no-deal exit.

The kerfuffle is kept up through the original exit day which now has been moved to 12th April, Finally some sort of accident or illness near the 12th will delay/obstruct sending a further request to the EU for yet another extension or one of the EU Council of Leaders is bribed to veto it and so the default action gets taken the UK leaves with a No-deal exit and TM claims bitterly, "It wasn't my fault, you all caused it by rejecting the negotiated withdrawal, Now I'm going to retire and you lot can sort out the mess you created yourselves!"

~~~~

Think about it, it seems to fit the facts.. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote: Briosaid @ 31st March 2019, 8:41 PM

No it isn't. Plain and simply, it was for the Tory party's problems. This country is f**ked up by the Tory party..

Alas poor Keewik/Briosaid, she has lost her sense of humour, has anyone seen it lying around anywhere..

It's quote from "Father Ted"... Brio..

Quote: Briosaid @ 31st March 2019, 8:41 PM

But not half as messed up as it will be if Corbyn, Abbott, McDonnell & co take over.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st March 2019, 10:23 PM

But not half as messed up as it will be if Corbyn, Abbott, McDonnell & co take over.

As long as we remain in the EU, there will always be vastly superior minds to help us out of any difficulty our home-grown British political idiots might get us into.

Looking at our political history, how many prime ministers have actually appeared up to the job? Not many, that's for sure!

And Diane Abbott as Home Secretary? Jesus Christ! I'm not totally against diversity but when it comes to giving jobs to the undeserving, filling the quota safely is all about making sure the idiots can't do any harm!

I look to the future with interest. Laughing out loud

I've never advocated Labour. Both main parties are self-serving arseholes. And Bill, I'm afraid you come over more and more as patronising, smug and ridiculously superior. You don't know any more than the rest of us, and are just as much a victim of your prejudices.

It's amazing how smug, patronizing prejudiced people always try to insult their opponents by reflecting their own faults onto them.

It's a well known psychological effect though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

You want to be ruled by MEPs? Tell me, without looking it up, what are the names of the Parties in power in the EU Parliament and what are their policies, which one has the majority members currently?

In case you're wondering about my lack of response - I don't take part in childish 'I'm smarter than you' competitions. I haven't yet reached my second childhood. Boring.