Best Brexit Rumour Page 2

The best rumour of all is the one I have been circulating ever since the referendum: Brexit is never going to happen!

Well if Brexit doesn't then we need to address the issues that created it rather than all argue about what happened?
On free movement alone Europe wide there is a recognition that change is required and there are other issues that we could all have discussions on as well.
If however we crash out , then we have neither logistics nor the infrastructure to cope. In recent times we have gone to bits with 3 inches of snow or wet leafs.
I have no idea which way we are going but unless some stay in the middle and debate , then it will polarise even further.
As I speak Tommy Robinson has a platform to speak from that is supplied by UKIP which is a scary development as I am sure that most in the Leave Campaign have the same abhorrence of both him and his blind hatred as I have.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 29th March 2019, 2:50 PM

The best rumour of all is the one I have been circulating ever since the referendum: Brexit is never going to happen!

Could you say that last bit even louder?

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 29th March 2019, 3:23 PM

Tommy Robinson has a platform to speak

I heard Tommy intends to run as a EU MP, which sounds like he wants power whatever the outcome. Bit like Boris flipping this way and that. They are empty vessels with no coherent political strategies, a bit like the one tricky pony Farage. More evidence of that comes in their inability to implement their false dreams. Unfortunately they are charismatic and good at grabbing peoples votes. A bit like Mr Bombastic is good at bedding women by manipulating emotions, but never hangs around to feed the kids. Talking of which , did someone tell me Derek Hatton has climbed back out of his coffin. Why ? :O

Tommy Robinson is not nearly as scary as someone (as yet unknown) who will rise up soon and offer to reclaim Britain for those fit to live in it.

He will also promise the nation's stand-up comedians that their rights to success on TV and radio will in future be based solely upon talent (loud cheers) and, furthermore, that those who have previously enjoyed success based on factors other than their talent will be rounded up and taught that success and fame are very fickle friends indeed (even louder cheers).

"How will you do all these things?" the people will ask.

"Leave the details to me," the man will say, tapping the side of his nose.

He will be swept to power on a wave of enthusiasm previously unseen except on old newsreels.

This is of course just a rumour.

And a jolly good one Roody

How about 'Theresa May is a masochist'? I've long said she's a spoiled only child who has to have her own way, but I'll add to that 'masochist' because how many kicks in the teeth does she need before realising the majority loathe her 'deal'?

While circulating the rumour that Brexit is never going to happen (which I've been doing ever since the referendum), I've also been circulating the rumour that the only possible and remotely reasonable way to stop it happening is to hold a second referendum.

To me, it is not only the best solution it is also the blindingly obvious solution.

Unless we really are living in some sort of "Alice in Wonderland" world, there is no rational alternative to a second referendum and there never has been.

If that referendum is not announced very shortly, I'm going to buy myself a top hat with a "7s/6d" price ticket on it.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 31st March 2019, 12:46 PM

While circulating the rumour that Brexit is never going to happen (which I've been doing ever since the referendum), I've also been circulating the rumour that the only possible and remotely reasonable way to stop it happening is to hold a second referendum.

To me, it is not only the best solution it is also the blindingly obvious solution.

Unless we really are living in some sort of "Alice in Wonderland" world, there is no rational alternative to a second referendum and there never has been.

If that referendum is not announced very shortly, I'm going to buy myself a top hat with a "7s/6d" price ticket on it.

If a second referendum results in another "out" vote, we will be exactly where we are now. Parliament will still have to agree the process. We already know that the result of a referendum is not binding and that any promises to honour the result of a referendum are meaningless.

Then why did we have one, for fun?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st March 2019, 1:50 PM

If a second referendum results in another "out" vote, we will be exactly where we are now.

And hence no worse off.

However, if the vote is to "remain" a whole mountain of political problems will suddenly disappear.

I see no other way forward if we are to avoid political turmoil on an unprecedented scale.

What about adhering to the vote.
Leave Europe with no deal.
The dread mongers will quiten down when all is well.
There's your peace and solution.

Brexit rumour: If you force people against their will to accept one extreme or the other, it never fails. Countries are like women, they yearn to be invaded, they beg for domination, lets strap on the Brexit dildo and get this job done. Hug

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st March 2019, 2:51 PM

Then why did we have one, for fun?

That's something you'll need to ask your MP.

Quote: Firkin @ 31st March 2019, 4:16 PM

Countries are like women, they yearn to be invaded, they beg for domination, lets strap on the Brexit dildo and get this job done.

I'll tell you what, Firks - I'm bloody glad I didn't write that! Laughing out loud