Merry Christmas Page 2

Merry Christmas everyone.

I am looking forward to the dvds that I am getting.

Quote: Firkin @ 24th December 2018, 11:14 AM

Merry Christmas to one and all. Regardless of your views on cheese (we all know Lancashire is the best one).

No, no, no. You need to try Mull of Kintyre, especially their Truckle.

Quote: beaky @ 24th December 2018, 11:36 AM

A very Merry Christmas to The Remainers, a very slightly less Merry Christmas to the misguided Leavers, who still have time to mend the errors of their ways, like Scrooge.

Yes!

Quote: Briosaid @ 23rd December 2018, 8:55 PM

I wish you a merry Christmas, I wish you a merry Christmas, I wish you merry Christmas - as long as you're not a bastarding Brexit supporter. ( the wine is flowing tonight).

I do wish you a happy Christmas though Brio. And a happy Hogmannay - whatever the f**k that is.

Here's to a very messy divorce and as I've said before you Scotch are more than welcome to stay in that undemocratic thing called the EU. We'll just get Trump to contribute to the rebuilding of the hard border known as Hadrian's Wall.

A merry Christmas to one and all!

When first I heard the result of the referendum, I said: "It's not going to happen."

I still don't think it's going to happen.

Mind you, I have been wrong before (occasionally).

Quote: Rood Eye @ 24th December 2018, 11:01 PM

A merry Christmas to one and all!

When first I heard the result of the referendum, I said: "It's not going to happen."

I still don't think it's going to happen.

Mind you, I have been wrong before (occasionally).

I do hope you're right, otherwise we're all up shit creek (except, of course for the wealthy bastards who're promoting it).

I'd hate to see the vote to leave essentially nullified, but if it were to happen, I'd hope it would come a year or three after actually leaving. Let the Euros feel their own pain for a bit, and let the rest of the Euro-skeptic nations see that it's possible to leave and survive. Then you could enjoy it as the Germans and French beg and entice you to return.

I'd really like to hear what the Brexiteers think has been so bad about being in the EU. It always looks like they live in the past in the days of the Empire. Yuk!

Quote: Briosaid @ 24th December 2018, 11:27 PM

I'd really like to hear what the Brexiteers think has been so bad about being in the EU. It always looks like they live in the past in the days of the Empire. Yuk!

Being dictated to. As a scotch person you must know how that feels.

And tell me what exactly were the benefits of being part of Europe.

Quote: Briosaid @ 24th December 2018, 11:27 PM

I'd really like to hear what the Brexiteers think has been so bad about being in the EU.

The UK's treatment by the EU since the referendum should be proof enough that they aren't your friends. They hold nothing but contempt for you. It was only your money that they loved.

Quote: DaButt @ 25th December 2018, 12:01 AM

The UK's treatment by the EU since the referendum should be proof enough that they aren't your friends. They hold nothing but contempt for you. It was only your money that they loved.

I Don't blame them for that. If you were in theur shoes wouldn't you do the same? At the moment, contempt is what we deserve.

The Scots' love of the EU is based mainly on their shared contempt for England. If you look at the news you will see what they've done to us. Mass immigration crippling our NHS, housing stock, wages, infrastructure because EU free movement basically means most people coming here to work and live. How many Brits do you see piling on planes to move to Poland or Romania?

What chance have we got to prosper in our own country when 15 Romanians happily share a two bedroom house and work in the black economy giving nothing back in taxes while laying Brits off work or stagnating their pay at best. Or Poles and Bulgarians having kids as soon as they step off the plane giving them instant citizenship, council homes and benefits. The EU is done for once we leave, they know it and that's why they're being bastards. And merry xmas.

Oh, dear, Alfred. Someimes I wonder what planet you live on.

Quote: Briosaid @ 25th December 2018, 12:48 AM

I Don't blame them for that. If you were in theur shoes wouldn't you do the same?

Nope. If I were in a relationship with someone I truly cared for, I'd offer concessions and reassurances and try to work out our problems. If they decided to end the relationship, I'd wish them well and try to remain friendly.

Quote: Briosaid @ 25th December 2018, 1:53 PM

Oh, dear, Alfred. Someimes I wonder what planet you live on.

I can't remember being served by a British man or woman at a pub during my last visit to the UK. They were all pleasant enough, but everyone seemed to have an Eastern European accent.

The EU shouldn't allow free migration unless the benefits are identical in every country. There's something wrong when hundreds of thousands of immigrants (both legal and illegal) pass through certain perfectly good European countries in order to enter countries with better benefits. Can't really blame them for trying, so the problem lies squarely at the feet of the EU.

Firstly, do you understand about the Irish problem which makes it a massive problem to consider Brexit at all?

Secondly, there are always opposite views - there are many people in the tourist industry who're deeply concerned they won't get staff to work in their businesses. Some hotels are already finding it hard to get staff because many EU nationals have gone back to their countries of origin in fear they'll be booted out of here after Brexit. Likewise, farming and the NHS. We need foreign workers at all levels.

Quote: Briosaid @ 25th December 2018, 4:23 PM

Firstly, do you understand about the Irish problem

Problem? Is that what they're calling it these days? I thought it was "the Troubles." ;)

Quote: Briosaid @ 25th December 2018, 4:23 PM

Secondly, there are always opposite views - there are many people in the tourist industry who're deeply concerned they won't get staff to work in their businesses. Some hotels are already finding it hard to get staff because many EU nationals have gone back to their countries of origin in fear they'll be booted out of here after Brexit.

Fear and concern - I wonder who has been stoking that since the referendum?

Nobody ever said that foreign workers weren't needed nor welcomed, but it needs to be an orderly and well-maintained process. I couldn't move to the UK unless I were rich or possessed a needed skill and had a job offer in hand. The same should be true for any immigrant.

We have the same issues in North America. I couldn't even visit Canada for a day if I had a 10-year-old drunk driving conviction, but many people will say that we're supposed to open our arms to welcome Central Americans who pay thousands of dollars to drug cartels who smuggle them across the border. They might be career criminals with no skills nor job offers nor vaccinations, but we're expected to offer them the full benefits of our welfare system. There's not a doubt in my mind that Democrats would be clamoring to build a wall if the millions of illegal immigrants were expected to vote Republican somewhere down the road.

To be brief: regulated immigration is good. Unrestricted immigration is bad.