Merry Christmas Page 4

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 29th December 2018, 12:18 AM

They are, they're bending over backwards to make it so difficult for us that no one else will dare think of leaving. They're trying to make an example of a non believer, a bit like the Mafia and the old catholic church did, which the EU pretty much stems from, a corrupt all dominating authoritarian power.

Sorry but your views are completely skewed all the time by a hatred of England. How can the 6th largest economy in the world be of no importance? How can the best equipped military in Europe be of no importance? The one country who stood alone against the Nazis changed the course of modern history and freed Europe. This is the thanks we get from them and some of our own Brits. :S

Oh, dear, Planet Zogg again.

Just read out Alfred's first xenophobic post on this thread to my sons, and they nearly wet themselves laughing. Thank you Alfred for almost causing me to bring in the upholstery cleaners.

Quote: Briosaid @ 29th December 2018, 9:00 PM

Just read out Alfred's first xenophobic post on this thread to my sons, and they nearly wet themselves laughing. Thank you Alfred for almost causing me to bring in the upholstery cleaners.

Self-satisfied pats on the back aside, he's not necessarily wrong. 17.4 million people agreed with him, whether you like it or not.

That doesn't mean he/They were right. Less than 4% is marginal, especially when Angelic the Brexiteers lied and (b) they only constituted a third of the voting population. Of all the people I know, and I know a lot of people, I only know 4 who voted Brexit, 2 of whom are thick. The others consist of scientists, university lecturers/professors, doctors etc. Etc., but of course, Alfred must have superior intellect and of course he isn't in any way a zenophobe. My arse! Go back to supporting your corrupt President. Your credibility is nil.

Quote: Briosaid @ 29th December 2018, 9:49 PM

That doesn't mean he/They were right. Less than 4% is marginal, especially when

There is no right and wrong when voting. More people voted to leave the EU than voted to stay. End of story. If you don't like it, that's too bad. The people have spoken. One of the hallmarks of being an adult is accepting that things don't always go the way that you'd hoped.

As with so many Brexshitters, you think this is some wee game. It isn't a game of ludo. It's people's livelihoods. I wonder if you'd be saying the same things if Hilary had won.

Quote: Briosaid @ 29th December 2018, 10:06 PM

As with so many Brexshitters

Adult conversations ProTip: Refusing to even address people/places/things by their actual names means that you've lost the argument before you even started.

It isn't a game of ludo.

No idea what that is.

I wonder if you'd be saying the same things if Hilary had won.

Of course I would. I don't thrash around on the ground and throw tantrums when my candidate of choice loses an election. I'm an adult. (And her name is spelled "Hillary.")

But Briosaid as I pointed out elsewhere, you live in any area with one of the lowest pro-brexit populations in the whole country, your tiny poll of about 10 people is simply not relevant and it is pointless for you to quote your statistics as if they apply to the entire UK.. They don't.

So what you are doing there is the same kind of lying as you accuse the Brexit campaigners of i.e. not telling anything like the whole truth, besides which the exaggerations (called lies by the remainers) took place on BOTH the Leave Campaigns and the Remain Campaign. The remain 'lies' are called Project Fear and the Leave 'Lies' are usually described as being the banner painted on the campaign bus.

Here's a petition to parliament to "Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019" which currently has 284,679 signatures, somewhat more than the 4 you found in Glasgow. And the map that goes with it. These show the still existing desire from many, many, people that the UK should get the heck out of the EU at any cost!

This petition probably had the fastest rate of signature additions ever, on that government website.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963 https://petitionmap.unboxedconsulting.com/?petition=229963

Oh, for a proper unbiased debate on the REAL pro-and-cons of Brexit, not endless exaggerations, biased economic projections and attempts to panic the population.

As for the Irish border blackmail, that's really a Republic of Ireland problem, if they can't prevent their mavericks in their population from causing mayhem, its their problem and they should be working on the solution, not expecting the UK to do it and especially their government should not be quoting the possibility of violence as a deterrent to doing a Brexit.

I read as far as 10 people and gave up. Bill if you only know 10 people, you must lead a very sheltered life. Try 200, which might be nearer the mark.

Have now read the rest, qhickly because it's dross For every petition you mention, there's another one for the opposite. Forget petitions. As for Ireland! Not a Southern Ireland problem at all. If Brexit goes through and the bombings restart on the Mainland, maybe you'll start to see sense.By the way, you're one of the only 4 people I know who support Brexit. 4 out of maybe 200? Not good.

Quote: Briosaid @ 29th December 2018, 10:55 PM

If Brexit goes through and the bombings restart on the Mainland, maybe you'll start to see sense.

Ah, fear and threats of violence in order to get what you'd like, politically. Is that how you'd like to play the game?

Honestly, Da Butt, you talk such crap. As I said stick to defending your arsehole President.Oh, and find out about Ludo. You might just manage a game if you have an IQ above 80.

Quote: Briosaid @ 29th December 2018, 11:20 PM

Honestly, Da Butt, you talk such crap.

If "talking crap" is how you'd describe someone who questions someone advocating terrorist violence against civilians, then I guess I'm guilty of talking crap.

As for Ireland! Not a Southern Ireland problem at all. If Brexit goes through and the bombings restart on the Mainland, .

Why on earth should bombings restart because of Brexit? It's already been promised there won't be a return to a hard border.

As I said there's a lot of anti English politicking going on from them both to try set the case for a united Ireland. Nothing will spark the old troubles off more than that.

Sorry again, it's not a personal slight, nothing wrong with being passionate and vocal but didn't you vote to leave the union in your referendum? So why so vehemently against fellow Brits voting to leave another union?

Scotland on her own outside the EU and the UK wouldn't last five days. Why not put the ancient grudge away and start being proud Brits again?
.ScotlandEnglandWalesNI

I read as far as 10 people and gave up. Bill if you only know 10 people, you must lead a very sheltered life. Try 200, which might be nearer the mark.

Have now read the rest, qhickly because it's dross For every petition you mention, there's another one for the opposite. Forget petitions. As for Ireland! Not a Southern Ireland problem at all. If Brexit goes through and the bombings restart on the Mainland, maybe you'll start to see sense.By the way, you're one of the only 4 people I know who support Brexit. 4 out of maybe 200? Not good.

Oh well you just proved conclusively that you won't or can't read reasoned arguments, just driven by your emotions to chuck things at TV sets etc.

I think you just rendered anything YOU ever said about Brexit as meaningless.

Try again at reading what I wrote above, it is YOU, not I, that appears to have done a poll of about 10 people and found only 4 brexit supporters.

By the way, I lived 10 months in Cyprus during EOKA terrorist activity and in London, through the IRA terrorist activity, and I was the person in our building that had to search for possible bombs on the premises as I was the one most capable of knowing what should be in our computer installations and what should not be there. Later, I was only about 500 yards away from the bus explosions near Euston.

So terrorist bombs etc don't faze me at all, besides which the terrorist activities are ever present with those from the middle east cultures, so threats of resumption of IRA activities mean little.

Am I in a minority in that personally I couldn't give a flying f**k if we stay in or come out?

It's all horse shit