computer games

i feel the need to invest in a games console. wii, ps3 or xbox. anyone out there own one of these items? could they point me in the right direction? i want something that i can play in short bursts so it doesn't destroy my writing time.

i owen a wii and it is brillant the ps3 is good as well

Quote: johnny roulette @ October 16, 2007, 6:17 PM

i feel the need to invest in a games console. wii, ps3 or xbox. anyone out there own one of these items? could they point me in the right direction? i want something that i can play in short bursts so it doesn't destroy my writing time.

Had a PS 1, now redundant - the reason I haven't bought one of the above is it would destroy my writing too! Resist the urge !! Or compromise with an acorn electron.

I got a Wii, not really played it much had a few goes on Wii Sports which is wicked, ocassionally go back on and box some foo's. All best stuff comes out for the Wii proper original titles.

Resist these 'toys of the devil' lest you be sucked in to a living hell.

You've had the warning, now it's up to you!

:)

I only like retro type games with lots of pretty bright colours like the old days, so I've been playing Paper Mario on the wii lately.

I hate most computer games though. They're so flipping boring. They mostly seem to consist of wandering around endlessly for hours with no idea what you're supposed to be doing.
I do enough of that in real life.

LOL!!

Viewtiful Joe is a wicked game, can slow down, speed up, zoom in. Like in the movies. Its a few years old now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viewtiful_Joe

Quote: zooo @ October 16, 2007, 7:04 PM

I do enough of that in real life.

Laughing out loud

I've pretty much lost interest in them.

I'd save your money and download an emulator, my choice being the Snes with 900 games with it, sure 850 are Mario clones, but there is some real gems in there too.

I love picking up at car boot sales old games and old consoles. I even have a spectrum ZX with the gun and games like James Bond and Ghostbusters. But nintendo, especially the SNES just rules simply because of Super Mario allstars and Zelda!

Syntax Error

I used to love the ol' mega drive! With sonic and Aladin and Lion King games...and i used to love playing street fighter! :)

I've got a Wii consule. great fun, and it gives the kids some much needed excersize. Burn of some of those chips and chicken nuggets!

The Wii reminds me of that Seinfeld bit where he talks about people with pet monkeys, bah, I can barely remember it, lol.

Interesting comment there for you.

:)

i think looks a bit rubbish though. once you get past the novelty of the little magic wand controller. would it not better to invest in something that has better-looking games. after all, appearance and looks are the most important things.