TV Heaven

TV was brilliant tonight Top Gear, Young Beautiful Minds a documentary which managed to be touching, funny, sad and brilliant all at the same time, then The Sopranos. Just class TV for 3 and a half hours :)

How can you possibly say a program with Jeremy Clarkson in is brilliant?

Is that guy who 'nearly gets killed' every week still in it?

Do you read Nuts too? :P

Three and a half hours of telly in one night, no wonder you aren't a famous writer!

;)

I agree with Frankie, the appeal of Jeremy Clarkson has always passed me by. My problem with him - aside from his fat face, mullet hair, terrible dress sense and annoying voice - is that he's one of these idiots who thinks his tired old reactionary opinions are shocking. They're not, they're just twattish.

That's why I hate him too.. he gets his reactionary garbage out on primetime TV and I've only got this website.. :(

Laughing out loud I like the fact that you take him seriously. He's obviously far too intellegent to hold the views he gives on Top Gear and is simply playing to the crowd. But if i'm wrong and he does hold these opinions then you're reacting in the exact same way he wants you to. Either way I think he wins the argument.

To be honest I don't notice his reactionary views as I am pretty reactionary too, I just find him one of those twattish blokes that I stay well away from in the pub and on the train.

Cars and twattish blokes?

Boring for me, but it takes all sorts and I'd rather have his car and bank account than mine! :P

Happy viewing! :)

I hate Clarkson too, but I love little Richard Hammond, and their 'banter' is for some reason quite entertaining.

Apart from wanting a yellow Bentley, if I'm ever able to drive, I really have no interest in cars at all.

But Top Gear is brilliant.

I don't think i watched any last night - i thought it was all crap

Quote: Aaron @ October 15, 2007, 5:47 PM

Apart from wanting a yellow Bentley

Oh God no man! Please don't... for the love of humanity. Bentley's are supposed to look elegent and classy, not like a banana.

It's funny how everyone always criticises Jeremy Clarkson's dress sense. He usually just wears a shirt and jeans, doesn't he? What's the big deal about that? Richard Hammond seems to wear similar clothes, but doesn't get any stick. Could it be that these critics really just think Clarkson is too ugly and/or old, to be presenting 'Top Gear'? Unless they think he should be wearing a three-piece suit on the show.

Top gear?

Oooo....no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no. I'll step out of this thread!

Quote: catskillz @ October 15, 2007, 11:49 PM

It's funny how everyone always criticises Jeremy Clarkson's dress sense. He usually just wears a shirt and jeans, doesn't he? What's the big deal about that? Richard Hammond seems to wear similar clothes, but doesn't get any stick. Could it be that these critics really just think Clarkson is too ugly and/or old, to be presenting 'Top Gear'? Unless they think he should be wearing a three-piece suit on the show.

IMO I think that it's because he's an obnoxious twat.

You can't dress that up unfortunately.

He just becomes an obnoxious twat in jeans and a t-shirt...

Yeah, he is a twat, no doubt about that. To be honest, I don't really watch 'Top Gear' that much. When I do see bits of it, I'm fascinated by the way all three of the show's presenters speak in exactly the same strange way - particularly as it's a way in which NOBODY else in the country speaks!! They're like those Russian dolls, that are filled with smaller versions of themselves, only here, Hammond and the other bloke seem to have hatched from Clarkson.

Quote: ajp29 @ October 15, 2007, 1:42 PM

Laughing out loud I like the fact that you take him seriously. He's obviously far too intellegent to hold the views he gives on Top Gear and is simply playing to the crowd. But if i'm wrong and he does hold these opinions then you're reacting in the exact same way he wants you to. Either way I think he wins the argument.

I love Jeremy Clarkson, he should be prime minister.