Things I don't understand, but maybe it's just me . . .

There seems to be a glut of programmes on TV now about people on benefits, and while I've been there myself after losing my house and all sob stories that go along with it, despite understanding their plight, I do not understand why the majority seem to smoke.

I get that perhaps they feel stress and is the only 'luxury' they still have, but as it's so unaffordable now especially as you can no longer buy 10 to spread out over a few days, the outlay for 20 is a huge chunk out of JSA or whatever they get.

I gave up 20 years ago successfully, then something happened to make me into a temporary smoker, and since then have been one of those annoying 'occasional' types, but I have found that it's more mind over matter as after a week of abstinence, the very thought of smoking is quite disgusting.

So people who quite rightly put the mouths of their children as priority ahead of theirs food-wise, are doing themselves and their kids no favours by not trying at least to quit the weed . . . or maybe it's just me in having a overly simplistic view.

There seems to be a glut of threads being started on BCG now..................what's this - "Start a Thread Fortnight"? :D

And thank goodness for that!

Honestly, one minute he's moaning about how dead the forums are since the changes, and the next he's moaning about new threads... ;)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th May 2017, 2:48 PM

There seems to be a glut of threads being started on BCG now..................what's this - "Start a Thread Fortnight"? :D

Perhaps you should start one which is perhaps in competition with mine being once in every few months?

29th April "People you can't bear, but it's not really fair . . ."
5th May 12.34pm "Things I don't understand, but maybe it's just me . . ."
5th May 12:46pm "Prince Philip deserves his own thread . . ."

Whistling nnocently

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th May 2017, 3:13 PM

29th April "People you can't bear, but it's not really fair . . ."
5th May 12.34pm "Things I don't understand, but maybe it's just me . . ."
5th May 12:46pm "Prince Philip deserves his own thread . . ."

Whistling nnocently

Perhaps you should call the 'new thread' police, or start one of your own entitled "New threads I can't bear cos it's not really fair . . . ".

Alternatively, you could view someone starting a new thread as someone who hasn't done so in a long time and just ignore regardless, instead of posting on one as a total pricktard.

Errr

Oooo what a lovely new thread. It's a bit complicated so to summaries, fopdoodle is discussing things she can't understand. Herc can't understand why we have a can't understand thread, and is thinking of starting a thread about starting a threads. You know, if you stop people talking about Trump, this was always going to happen. In North Korea, they aren't allowed to talk about Pot noodles, that must be tough.

On the point about stopping smoking, maybe if JSA people had something else to do with their hands, like work or something, that would help with the smoking. Especially if the job is inside. I quit 8 years ago, and I'm still dying for one (cigarette not a job). So I guess we are all just different. If you don't like that answer I have others. :)

Oooo what a lovely new point to a point that can't be understood thread which I hoped to welcome.

I will never stop with whatever I see as worth mentioning or ridiculing in news thread if it continues to threaten the world, but in meantime there are a number of things I also don't understand.

North Korea is a big one, because if denim is forbidden, I can't even imagine, or understand, what else . . .

Quote: Firkin @ 5th May 2017, 5:06 PM

maybe if JSA people had something else to do with their hands, like work or something, that would help with the smoking. Especially if the job is inside. I quit 8 years ago, and I'm still dying for one (cigarette not a job). So I guess we are all just different. If you don't like that answer I have others. :)

I have just ordered a flibbertigibbet . . . I mean, a fidget spinner - because I hear they're addictive and dangerous, which is similar?

:O:PHuh?

I don't understand people smoking in their cars, now that's proper dirty, and then they flick the butt out the window as if they don't want to be associated with the habit....buggers.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 5th May 2017, 6:35 PM

I don't understand people smoking in their cars, now that's proper dirty, and then they flick the butt out the window as if they don't want to be associated with the habit....buggers.

Which is why I chose never to learn to drive . . . filthy bastards.

Don't get me started on drivers..though I am one.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 5th May 2017, 6:41 PM

Main reason I never learned . . . but I'm worse - I'm a cyclist so also a menace to pedestrians.

Cyclists who hurtle past on paths without sounding their bell, yes you are total menaces, I can vouch for that!

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 5th May 2017, 6:56 PM

Cyclists who hurtle past on paths without sounding their bell, yes you are total menaces, I can vouch for that!

I don't give them time to hear even if I had a bell . . .

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 5th May 2017, 6:41 PM

Never mind about drivers. It's people I don't like...though I am one.