The IT Crowd 2.0 DVD problem

I've been having issues with my new DVD! The special features work all right, but the episodes are screwed up. When each one starts (be it in 'play all' or episode selection) the music doesn't start for five seconds and when it does, the disc skips every two seconds.

Does anyone know if this is happening to anyone else, or is it just my disc?

I was only able to watch it on my friend's computer, it didn't work in his DVD player either...

If you bought it off the net (ive no idea whether its released here yet or not so if it is ill be off to my DVD store in a hurry), have you got an all region DVD player? Although I think if you didnt the disc wouldnt play at all... I dont know. I had to buy Ripping Yarns 3 times before I got a DVD that worked. The first one started doing what you described from the third episode onwards so i took it back and replaced it. But the second one did exactly the same thing. In the end i just returned it and waited about 5 months before getting it again, sometimes there are just faulty batches of DVD's....

Ben, I've not seen any comments elsewhere to that effect. Ditto Liam; where did you buy it? Best idea is to return it really. Sounds like there's a problem with the actual disc.

I had exactly the same problem, so I returned it to my local ASDA sadly they didn't have any more copies so I ended with some prawn crackers, two tins of mulitawny soup, a vareity of cheeses, a bottle of magners and some cocoa puffs.

A Pizza Hut,
A Pizza Hut,
Kentucky Fried Chicken,
And a Pizza Hut.

... Sorry, don't know where that came from.

I mentioned this problem in the IT Crowd thread. My DVD did exactly the same thing so it is being replaced by play.com. Unfortunately it sounds like a whole batch is acting up. grrrrr

Is it the boxset or the single? Not sure if they'll be the same thing or not, lol?

Mine was just the single DVD of IT Crowd Version 2.0

I don't have either of them, I was just wanted to know which one to avoid.

:D

Quote: monkeybeard @ October 11, 2007, 3:02 PM

I mentioned this problem in the IT Crowd thread. My DVD did exactly the same thing so it is being replaced by play.com. Unfortunately it sounds like a whole batch is acting up. grrrrr

Ah, damn it. It's such a pain having to return something overseas. Alas.

I buy a lot of DVDs from the UK and every now and then I get a duff one. Alas.

Had the same problem with mine. I watch all my PAL DVDs on my player that I hacked so it can play any DVD. This is possibly the first one that didn't work. Had the exact same episode skipping issue you described. Luckily, I have a second hacked DVD player and it worked fine in that one. So now any time I want to watch Season 2 of the IT Crowd, I have to use my other player. A real hassle. I assumed the problem was specific to certain Multi Region players, but if it is happening in England as well, then it's a real defect. Still, try it in a few different DVD players, because one might have more luck.

Graham Linehan (the show's author) has just posted a solution on his blog ...

http://whythatsdelightful.wordpress.com/2007/10/15/it-crowd-dvd-problems-youre-not-going-to-believe-this-but/

:-)

Ha ha, that's brilliant! :)

(And thanks!)

lol... that solution can't be real can it? If any of you who do have a duff DVD try it, let us know if it works.

Talking of subtitles... I see comedy subtitles are becoming a new trend. Jimmy Carr's new DVD See Amazon product listing has about eight different options: everything from Brummie to Cockney.

I've noticed no problems with my dvd, but i'd love to try that subtitle thing. If that works, that's brilliant. :)