Loathsome adverts

The Trebor one with the father who has a head like a filled in polo mint. Utterly repulsive.

Is that worse than the Money Supermarket ones?

Not sure I've seen them but I certainly hate the gambling ones.

Quote: keewik @ 21st February 2017, 12:23 AM

Not sure I've seen them but I certainly hate the gambling ones.

You must've seen the Strutters and the Builders.

Mr Cooper giving away money (Why does a Edwardian gent use a notebook from Paperchase anyway?)

Is this not the same as this? :-

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/10799/10/

Quote: Chappers @ 21st February 2017, 12:49 AM

I have absolutely no idea what they are trying to do with these adverts...

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st February 2017, 9:07 AM

Is this not the same as this? :-

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/10799/10/

It seems similar. I was on the phone and it would have meant a lot of fiddling about, so I didn't actually check.

Quote: playfull @ 21st February 2017, 10:48 AM

I have absolutely no idea what they are trying to do with these adverts...

Yes, sometimes I haven't even a clue what they're supposed to be advertising.

The Fry Light ad - because it has to be the lamest most unimaginative 'concept' ever.

Never a good idea to use models/actors in a food advert who are made up to look rather unwell, and I understand they are in orange and green jumpers to match the packaging - but if my mind wasn't blown enough already, they 'nod' throughout for no discernible reason which makes me want to punch them repeatedly . . . for each nod, in fact.

I do not want to procure any comestibles that are represented by unappealing androids - let alone ones who nod like lunatics.

I loathe all adverts with puppets. If it were real, I'd particularly like to rip in pieces the irritating daschund on Sky. I don''t even know what it advertises (something called Vitality, whatever the hell that is) because I'm too busy hating it. And don't start me on Sky Vegas. I really believe all gambling ads should be banned. They prey on the vulnerable.

I hate Sky with a passion so wouldn't have it in the house even if it was free (seriously!) so don't have that problem.

And so I hate Murdoch, and so love Tracey Ullman's piss take of him with Jerry Hall.

We move over to Sky when Newsnight finishes so that we can watch Press Preview. Truth to tell, I don't usually watch TV ( except maybe on Saturday for a film) till 10 P.m. when the News starts.

I wonder if the new offerings of shite from webuyanycar.com have broken advertising rules. I would be interested for opinions because it's been really bugging me. In the last few weeks I've noticed an advert where someone in the familar surroundings of sitting on one of those sofas says this:

"OK brace yourselves, I just sold my car on webuyanycar even though I could have got a better deal if I sold it privatly. Yeah, they just let me say that on an advert for webuyanycar because they know we all value our time more than a few extra quid. Do you?". This is them saying they might not pay as much but that is offset with how convenient the service is. No arguments with that business model.

My issue is another advert they have started showing within the last few weeks which shows someone also sitting on the familiar sofa throwing up a pile of money in to the air. This suggests they offer the most cash which I just find conflicting with other aspects of their advertising.

Maybe I shouldn't let it bother me and get out more.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st February 2017, 12:49 AM

Money Supermarket?

I thought it was a party political broadcast.

Information film about mutual consent for sexual congress.

Talking body parts made out of sponge? Really? It's just weird. Why can't they be as slick as the Lovehoney ad which is witty with use of simple imagery instead of half expecting the 'parent's' from Dolmio ad to walk in at any moment?

Nasty.