Doc Martin Page 9

Doc Martin. Image shows from L to R: Dr Martin Ellingham (Martin Clunes), Louisa Glasson (Caroline Catz). Copyright: ITV.

Doc Martin

Comedy drama following the trials and tribulations of a socially challenged surgeon turned GP working in Cornwall. Stars Martin Clunes

Rood Eye

• Thursday 10th October 2019, 11:57am [Edited]
  • England
  • 3,000 posts

May contain spoilers:

In Series 9 Episode 3, a patient arrives at the surgery with a small bird (a finch) in her pocket.

The bird finds its way onto Martin's desk. He spots it there and promptly tosses it out of the window.

"Careful Doc," says the woman, "he can't fly."

The truth of her statement is demonstrated by a sound effect of the almost weightless bird hitting the ground. Laughing out loud

Later in the episode, the receptionist is on the phone talking to a man she addresses as "Mr Chegger".

A few moments later, she addresses him less formally as "Scott". Laughing out loud

Later still, he sees a patient called "Paula Kemp": no, I don't get it either.

Ada? Yes, I would have got that - but her name was Paula.

Perhaps she was a red herring? :|

Chappers

• Wednesday 6th November 2019, 10:17pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,539 posts

Tonight's patient - Albert Ross! Also creased up laughing with Caroline Quentin in the vet's surgery operating theatre.

Rood Eye

• Friday 8th November 2019, 9:51pm
  • England
  • 3,000 posts

It really does take some kind of scriptwriter to come up with a script as good and simultaneously as bad as some recent Doc Martin scripts.

Marvellous, marvellous comedy-drama and then it descends into farce - and not even good farce. I'm talking about embarrassingly unfunny farce.

Whoever is in charge of the scripts really needs to get this sorted out.

Chappers

• Sunday 10th November 2019, 8:17pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,539 posts

Yes there are some farcical characters such as the Policemen and the Woman in the pharmacy. Yes - you need a bit of a mixture in comedy drama.