Doc Martin Page 6

They should follow his adventures as Head of the General Medical Council.

They have so many weird diseases on here, I wonder what Sigourney's will be?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 24th July 2015, 8:46 AM BST

They have so many weird diseases on here, I wonder what Sigourney's will be?

Alien bodies invasion?

Show and tell, eh Bill? Rolling eyes

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 25th July 2015, 7:59 AM BST

Show and tell, eh Bill? Rolling eyes

?

No point explaining a joke, it kills it.

Yes, it's not such a good show, but it's not terrible.

Even Ingmar Bergman used to watch such light themed TV shows and movies before going to sleep, believing that not everything everyone watches has to be intense TV/movies, at all.

Personally I'm very fond of the town of Port Isaac... the location is somewhat soothing, really.

Now, for the Sigourney Weaver surprise appearance, might mean the show's raking in the big big money. She may be an antagonist character and possibly the next Portwenn Doc so that the show ends this very seeries... but that's just one man's opinion.

I am a big fan! When it's time to relax!

Having watched the latest episode, I think the show's just about on its last legs and needs to be put down as painlessly as possible.

The 'mouse' and the 'lobster shortage' were truly dire both as comedy and drama: the writers are clearly out of ideas.

I loved the show when it was well-written and would love it again if the writers either woke up or were replaced with some who are awake.

Got to agree Rood. it's a shame because 'the Doc' going to a therapist and his relationship with his wife and patients is still excellent (you almost hurt for him)

But the filler stories are really poor including the policeman using his taser.

More patients and more cures please - less farce.

Yes you're probably right. The idiotic policeman is wearing thin but it's still great to be able to see one of the most sexy and attractive women on TV. Also Clunes never fails to please and Dame Eileen Atkins brings some class. Maybe junk half the cast.

Yup; Clunes is excellent but the show is fading fast. It's like that sports player who had a couple of cracking seasons but then falls away. He/She's still got it in 'em, but will we ever see it again?Imagine a parallel world where Doc Martin adopted the American writing room - ooh crikey, that'd be grand.

I'm quite liking the new series but just watching s07e05 - I thought the bit where Doc Martin attempts to kill the dog wasn't in keeping with his character.

And the same thing with the police man black mailing that guy to come to his party

What is going on? Is there a new writer who doesn't know the characters?

Not to mention - whiskey is undrinkable for years and is clear when first made.... it goes brown from the barrel it is stored in

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th October 2015, 4:55 PM BST

Not to mention - whiskey is undrinkable for years and is clear when first made.... it goes brown from the barrel it is stored in

Correct - which is why, when I saw it, I thought he'd given her a bottleful of his own pee as a parting gift.

I should be writing those scripts! :D