Serious Political Discussion Page 2

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 8, 2007, 10:40 PM

the common man can't even be trusted to wipe his arse properly..

Is that what makes him common?

It might be.

Quote: David Chapman @ October 8, 2007, 10:29 PM

If an MP is to represent his constituents wishes maybe we should have robots in parliament. We could have questionaires on everything and then all of our opinions could be fed in to it and then processed so that all of the majorities wishes are fulfilled.

Sounds too much like democracy to work..

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 8, 2007, 10:40 PM

the common man can't even be trusted to wipe his arse properly.. let alone decide anything remotely important..

Well look - I've never seen an instruction manual about it.

Quote: David Chapman @ October 8, 2007, 11:00 PM

Laughing out loud Wheres Barry Scott when you need him?

Quote: Frankie Rage @ October 8, 2007, 10:10 PM

I see your point and it's valid of course, but moot as I really think it wouldn't make any significant difference right now if he had an English constituency.

If every member of an MP's constituency (for example) was in favour of the legal age for drinking being increased to 21, that MP still votes in The House for what HE personally thinks is right or what the whip TELLS HIM too. The constituents get lip service, no more, no less. And at election time a lot of bloody nonsense from MP's about how they'll listen to the people.. what tripe!

Of course there is always some MP fighting the case for some pensioner who has been mistreated or some local hospice that's got a planning permission problem or some some such, but that's just candyfloss..

Practically, yes. You are right of course. But on a democratic level, it stinks. And it means that the worse he does, the more likely it is that he'll be voted back in. 'Cos the Scots hate the English and take joy in the fact that we're being screwed whilst they live it up. No accountability at all!

Quote: ajp29 @ October 8, 2007, 10:13 PM

I liked the fact Brown say he wanted time to show the country his vision, considering he only has one eye that shouldn't be long then.

Laughing out loud

Quote: ajp29 @ October 8, 2007, 10:21 PM

Anyone notice that the Education minister is called Ed Balls. I really hope someone after the cabinet reshuffle wrote the headline 'Balls to Education' also the chancellor is called Darling so i Hope theres an education funding disagreement and Brown has to say 'Darling just grab Balls and knock out an agreement' :D Leevil if you're reading this I feel a sketch coming on again.

Whoa whoa! Do you not know Dr Stephen Ladyman MP?

Quote: David Chapman @ October 8, 2007, 11:00 PM

You were dragged up then, just like the rest.. ;)

Well I've learned not to buy cheap toilet paper.

Asda Smart Price for me when I'm flush.. ;)

.. the London free news-papers when I'm not .. :(

Party Political material coming through my door, then I'm happy.. :D

Brown is an arsehoooooooole. Better than Blair prick project, though.
I think I may run for PM next election.

Anyhoo what does that Mr Brown do with his jaw. Its seriously annoying. If I was married to that & he came smacking his lips & wagging his wibbley wobbly jaw at me, I would grizzle.
Is it a nervous tick or just an incredibly disgusting habit?

Quote: Charley @ October 9, 2007, 3:13 AM

Brown is an arsehoooooooole. Better than Blair prick project, though.
I think I may run for PM next election.

Anyhoo what does that Mr Brown do with his jaw. Its seriously annoying. If I was married to that & he came smacking his lips & wagging his wibbley wobbly jaw at me, I would grizzle.
Is it a nervous tick or just an incredibly disgusting habit?

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Brown and Blair are just two cheeks of the same arse.