Caroline Aherne R.I.P Page 2

Another RIP for a good comedy writer-performer. Have to say her style of material was never my cup of tea but it was obvious she was a real talent.

"I can still smell shit in here..."

RIP

First I'd heard of this.

Cancer you say? Apparently survived some form of eye cancer a long time ago. Was there any connection?

RIP Caroline. A comedy genius.

"What were her last words"?

"Trevor Mcdonald"

"What a fitting tribute to the man"

Genius

RIP

Quote: Nil Putters @ 3rd July 2016, 8:27 PM BST

"I can still smell shit in here..."

Laughing out loud

"I paid a quid for these pants and I've got fifty pence worth stuck up me arse"

Laughing out loud

Just noticed in one of the weekend supplements:-

A Royle return?

The Royle Family could be making a comeback - four years after it appeared to have bitten the dust. Sue Johnston, who played Barbara Royle reveals "I was speaking to Caroline last week and she's keen on writing more, and starring in more. The series certainly wasn't cancelled."

Oh dear - too late to pull the article I presume...................

Apparently Caroline also wrote The Fattest Man in Britain. Bit so-so, I'm afraid.

Mary- Look at Anthony's hair. He looks like a little choir boy.
Jim Royle- He looks like a little gay boy.

Very sad. And nice to see comedy colossus Garry Bushell on Channel 5 news commenting on her passing.

Quote: chipolata @ 9th July 2016, 11:27 AM BST

Very sad. And nice to see comedy colossus Garry Bushell on Channel 5 news commenting on her passing.

He used to live around the corner from me once. I also saw him buying groceries in Safeway.

On the subject of Caroline Aherne: I particularly enjoyed her portrayal of an aggrieved resident of The Isle of Man.