The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 91

RIP Kelly Monteith. I seem to remember wasn't he the first US comedian to have his own show here?

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd January 2023, 7:15 PM

RIP Kelly Monteith. I seem to remember wasn't he the first US comedian to have his own show here?

Yes, I remember it quite well, and very funny it was too.

Vialli RIP

:(

Quote: lofthouse @ 6th January 2023, 11:10 AM

Vialli RIP

:(

Sad day for us Blues.
RIP JLV

Aye brilliant player and seemed like a top bloke too

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd January 2023, 7:15 PM

I remember that. A kind of sitcom / stand-up hybrid. Must've been early 80s.

One of the greats. RIP, Jeff Beck.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-64228780

Rest In Peace, man

Rip Jeff.
He was always generous with his appreciation of other artists.

Jeff Beck, way too much talent.

Quote: WasMrApollo @ 12th January 2023, 2:56 AM

Rip Jeff.
He was always generous with his appreciation of other artists.

Someone posted that on another forum I'm on. I love that track. Blow by blow one of my favourite albums. What a brilliant career from the Yardbirds through to his own stuff. Just such a shame that he'll be remembered by the general public for Hi-ho silver lining.

Lisa Marie Presley https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jan/13/lisa-marie-presley-singer-and-daughter-of-elvis-dies-aged-54

David Crosby RIP
Though how he lasted this long is anyones guess.
I think we can safely say the spirit of the 60's is dead.

Quote: Lazzard @ 20th January 2023, 11:09 AM

I think we can safely say the spirit of the 60's is dead.

What!!? Not while the likes of Mick, Keith and Paul are still about and still playing. The Stones and The Beatles epitomised the 60s, not some rag-tag hippy folk band, who had a few minor hits.

QUOTE: "What is Crosby Stills and Nash most famous song? "Marrakesh Express" "Marrakesh Express" (Crosby, Stills & Nash) peaked at No. 28 on the Hot 100 dated Aug. 23, 1969."

F**k me, peaked at No. 28..................... WOW, heavy man. 😎

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th January 2023, 2:59 PM

What!!? Not while the likes of Mick, Keith and Paul are still about and still playing. The Stones and The Beatles epitomised the 60s, not some rag-tag hippy folk band, who had a few minor hits.

QUOTE: "What is Crosby Stills and Nash most famous song? "Marrakesh Express" "Marrakesh Express" (Crosby, Stills & Nash) peaked at No. 28 on the Hot 100 dated Aug. 23, 1969."

F**k me, peaked at No. 28..................... WOW, heavy man. 😎

Good grief.
iI don't even know where to start with that.
So I shan't.