eSt Family Empire (PILOT)

Hey lovely people.

What do you guys think about this?
Friends of mine doing this but they are a little bit skeptical,but I think they're great and extremely funny, so I thought, I reach out for some opinions to others?

"eSt Family Empire (PILOT)" https://youtu.be/5qkh_fXG29c

I watched a few minutes, and couldn't make head nor tail of it. It's not helped by the two women talking in whispers, often when they're off camera.

Yep, entirely bamboozling.

I think your friends have every right to be skeptical.
You can't just leave a camera running for 12 minutes without any semblance of structure/idea/funny things happening.
The guy obviously thinks he's funny - and probably is - down the pub.
But this is not even beginning to look like it might be anything worth bothering with.
Write a script.
When that's funny - shoot it.

I had to stop after about 3 minutes because I couldn't bear the bloke eating and talking with his mouth full. I didn't understand it up to that point anyway.

Quote: gappy @ 7th September 2015, 5:40 PM BST

Yep, entirely bamboozling.

???? I'm afraid I have no idea what you are talking about

It means he finds it completely confusing, to save you having to Google.

Quote: beaky @ 11th September 2015, 1:06 PM BST

It means he finds it completely confusing, to save you having to Google.

I like that. This is the whole point of this. It is confusing and it is funny if you give me the chance.

Quote: Loopey @ 7th September 2015, 6:38 PM BST

I had to stop after about 3 minutes because I couldn't bear the bloke eating and talking with his mouth full. I didn't understand it up to that point anyway.

how would you play a scene where you need to talk while your mouth is full? I know the British are very polite people but a scene is a scene? you should not ask a woman for her age but in 1 million movies people still do how do you explain this?do you stop watching the movie too after that question is asked?

The uneaten slice of toast was most impressive.

Quote: sootyj @ 12th September 2015, 8:42 AM BST

The uneaten slice of toast was most impressive.

whatever works for you mate.
life is like sex. it is nice to sit around and watch it but it's better being in it.

PS: If a slice of toast impresses you that much you are too easy to entertain. Imagine I put the baked beans on the top you will be completely satisfied for the next month. leave alone when they get into fish and chips. English cuisine. The possibilities are endless.

PPS: I checked out your crappy websites. The only thing funny about you, is your look but one would need a wide-angle lens to capture the whole face.

Ah see that's the problem.

Baked beans aren't funny, toast is. I'm not sure why but I think Aristotle wrote about it.

Quite the visionary as he lived several centuries before the invention of either toast or baked beans.

I feel a " Stumble Awards 2015" nomination coming on.

Quote: Lydia Ondo @ 12th September 2015, 8:24 AM BST

I like that. This is the whole point of this. It is confusing and it is funny if you give me the chance.
how would you play a scene where you need to talk while your mouth is full? I know the British are very polite people but a scene is a scene? you should not ask a woman for her age but in 1 million movies people still do how do you explain this?do you stop watching the movie too after that question is asked?

I'm not sure if you understand how critique works or perhaps you don't understand our comments. You chose to play a scene where someone is talking with their mouthful, I didn't like it, I said so.
Your asking a woman for her age question is irrelevant.

Quote: Loopey @ 12th September 2015, 9:31 AM BST

I'm not sure if you understand how critique works or perhaps you don't understand our comments. You chose to play a scene where someone is talking with their mouthful, I didn't like it, I said so.
Your asking a woman for her age question is irrelevant.

...and just because you don't like one scene you switch off the movie it's a bit odd,don't you think?

....so you want to tell me you are a critique? I think there's a very long way for you to go to be a critic. you don't criticize it you slag it off. if you know the difference.

"And the nominations are..."

Quote: Lydia Ondo @ 12th September 2015, 9:35 AM BST

...and just because you don't like one scene you switch off the movie it's a bit odd,don't you think?

There is only one scene!
And it's ten minutes long.
That's the problem.