Hyperdrive Page 3

Quote: Kitty =^..^= @ March 19, 2007, 2:11 AM

Did not like it at all! And no it wasn't becuase my mother likes it either!

That is so sad especially when it was Mother's Day yesterday.

I think Hyperdrive is a classic example of a sitcom which need a second series to find it’s feet.

Remember the first series of Blackadder Errr

never fret baumski, my mother forget all about hyperdrive as she listened to her new lionel richie cd ^^

This is back next week.

Stephen Mangan guest stars in the first episode, and Nick Frost has new hair.

Both plus points.

Maybe the only plus points.

Possibly!

Oh also, Kevin Eldon clones himself. So that's two extra plus points right there.

Yeah, but he's a bit overrated. Good, but still overrated.

I didn't actually see any of the first series but from the opinions of most people, that seems to be good thing. I'll watch the second and see for myself. Looking forward to seeing Stephan Mangan though.

I'll watch the first episode of the second series at least, it might improve, because it can't possibly get worse. Even if it does, it still doesn't change the fact that the last series made me weep about the state of comedy.

Saw an advert for this, it's alongside Mock The Week.

I cant believe it (Hyperdrive) got recommissioned (sp?) but is Mock the Week at 9? It clashes with Scrubs if so! :|

Quote: Britcom Barry @ March 19, 2007, 12:34 PM

I think Hyperdrive is a classic example of a sitcom which need a second series to find it’s feet.

Remember the first series of Blackadder Errr

Yes, what a good point. I hope it does, it's got a great cast.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ July 12, 2007, 3:43 PM

I cant believe it (Hyperdrive) got recommissioned (sp?) but is Mock the Week at 9? It clashes with Scrubs if so! :|

That's what e4+1 is for. Or "See it again" Sundays or whatever they call it.

i saw the first episode of Hyperdrive and thought it was brilliant - it was the one where nick frost has to marry an alien princess i think.
after that i thought it was hugely disappointing.
for me, if a sitcom is set in space it should really exploit the boundless possibilities that space offers - i.e. be really imaginative and different. hyperdrive didn't even skim the surface really. i hated the bits about relationships and feelings between frost's character and miranda hart. bleeuuurgggh.

Quote: Leevil @ July 12, 2007, 4:02 PM

That's what e4+1 is for. Or "See it again" Sundays or whatever they call it.

That's a good point actually! :$

That's better SbF!