What are you reading right now? Page 31

Yes! I don't know - you youngsters!

I'm surprised you bother with physical books these days. Why not just read online?

Because it's sacrilege! Books are amazing, and reading them online just bastardizes(z/s?) them, and limits the amount of escape they provide.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 17 2008, 7:49 PM BST

Because it's sacrilege! Books are amazing, and reading them online just bastardizes(z/s?) them, and limits the amount of escape they provide.

So look after them then. I bet you treat your CDs better don't you?

(I trust you don't download music then)

Not particularly! :$
I don't intentionally treat books badly, I just love how they look once they've been read.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 17 2008, 8:05 PM BST

Not particularly! :$
I don't intentionally treat books badly, I just love how they look once they've been read.

But won't you want to hear that music when you're old and grey (like me)?

Decided to finish Yrsa Sigurdardottir - Last Rituals.
Don't really see what the fuss was all about. Thriller, set in Iceland, which some nice local landscapes and scenes. and Malleus Maleficarum.

Next up: "The New Cold War" by Edward Lucas. In the light of recent events, should be interesting. Just like re-watching MASH in the time when every mass media screamed about Weapons Of Mass Destruction.

My CDs are in a CD rack, just as my books are on a book shelf; it's just that listening to CDs doesn't affect them in the same way and reading a book affects the book!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 17 2008, 8:16 PM BST

My CDs are in a CD rack, just as my books are on a book shelf; it's just that listening to CDs doesn't effect them in the same way and reading a book effects the book!

Or even affects them (Sorry - had to do that before Aaron gets here).

>_< I put "affects", and then changed it! D'oh!

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 17 2008, 8:22 PM BST

>_< I put "affects", and then changed it! D'oh!

Quick - before Aaron comes back. I promise I won't tell.

David's correct (for once) - books should be kept neat and shiny and stuff!

Bastardises, Robyn.

Ooh, a book debate!

If I've bought them new, then it's nice if they stay all shiny and lovely. But I love buying second hand books and with them it's almost the scruffier the better. Feels like they've got more of a history if they're all dogeared.

Quote: David Chapman @ August 17 2008, 7:46 PM BST

I'm surprised you bother with physical books these days. Why not just read online?

And that's basically the beginning of the end.

If they stop making books I'm moving to another planet.

It'll never happen. Everyone hates reading from a screen.

Quote: zooo @ August 17 2008, 11:16 PM BST

Ooh, a book debate!

If I've bought them new, then it's nice if they stay all shiny and lovely. But I love buying second hand books and with them it's almost the scruffier the better. Feels like they've got more of a history if they're all dogeared.

I love old books. I've got a German book of music from about 100 years ago. I can't read German or music but it's a lovely book.

Quote: zooo @ August 17 2008, 11:16 PM BST

And that's basically the beginning of the end.

If they stop making books I'm moving to another planet.

I'm not saying that's what I want. If you download music (which I don't)really it's the same thing.

New books smell lovely.