Sir David Jason hints at a return of OFAH Page 2

Quote: 3SOCKSMORGAN @ 18th December 2015, 6:23 PM GMT

Unrelated but I see BBC won't be showing OFAH on Chrisrmas day this year. They usually show one every year. Slightly gutted they aren't! Eh?

Disgraceful.

The Beeb should be airing it every Christmas without fail.

In my opinion, of course. :)

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 18th December 2015, 9:20 PM GMT

Disgraceful.

Totally agree.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 18th December 2015, 9:20 PM GMT

Disgraceful.

It's on several times every day on GOLD. They're really ruining it by showing it so frequently.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 18th December 2015, 11:45 PM GMT

It's on several times every day on GOLD. They're really ruining it by showing it so frequently.

I'm linking to this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Only-Fools-Horses-Britains-Favourite/dp/0857860569/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1450517326&sr=8-8&keywords=only+fools+and+horses+book in which the author, Graham McCann (who seems to pen loads of other books on classic comedies) says exactly the same thing. In my opinion, McCann was a tad disingenuous to those of us who like discussing the plot lines, characters and themes of comedy on various internet fora, but he does state, as Doug does, that UKTV's constant repeat showings of OFAH are cheapening it somehow.

Oh good. It's like Last of the Summer Wine, so much more mileage in it.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 18th December 2015, 11:45 PM GMT

Yes I remember Peter Kay saying something similar a few years ago hence why he never gave them the rights to repeat any of his sitcoms. I still love Only Fools and do still watch them on Gold even though I have the boxset but it would be nice if they had a good six months without showing it at all.