Room 101 - Series 4 Page 2

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd January 2015, 9:14 PM GMT

SERIES FOUR

Thoroughly enjoyed it - good start to the series and I guess I am in Len's Old Fart Brigade as I agreed with everything he said. Metric (1.87m tall - WTF is that?) and I have never eaten curry or like Italian pasta of any sort...........do enjoy a Chinese though.

2m = 6ft 6in.

Yeah, so what is 1.87? Quickly!! Somebody says they are 5'11" you know exactly what they mean.

Gone right off Tim Vine. Angry

Meowwww.........

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 2nd January 2015, 9:00 PM GMT

He put cats into Room 101! :D

Good! If someone else wants to own a cat, that shouldn't have any impact on my life, yet I have to keep clearing cat shit from my garden.

Len could've combined all his choices into one and called it 'everything that's happened in Britain after 1955'. Although I do kind of agree about the metric system. I have a vague idea of how long a mile is, no clue how long a kilometre is.

Although I thought an opportunity was missed when he was talking about too much choice. Surely Frank could have employed some gentle joshing about Len working on a show that is completely based around viewers choosing who stays (or goes) every week.

A cat providing an occasional bit of free manure for your garden is preferable to a dog, which is more likely to leap your garden fence and bite your child's face off.

I also have no clue what a kilometre is. Or a height in centimetres, or weight in kilos (that's probably not metric though).

Quote: zooo @ 3rd January 2015, 12:33 AM GMT

A cat providing an occasional bit of free manure for your garden is preferable to a dog, which is more likely to leap your garden fence and bite your child's face off.

I also have no clue what a kilometre is. Or a height in centimetres, or weight in kilos (that's probably not metric though).

Let me state that I am not anti-cat as we have owned, over the years, four (and four dogs), but I would hardly call the vile excretion that emanates from a cat's rear end, manure. ;)

Also I remember in the late 70s being given a passion flower cutting which I nurtured in the kitchen before planting it out in a nice soft bed by the house, which started to take until our cat pissed in the bed and killed it stone dead.

Kilos are metric by the way - Metric Mile WTF is that.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd January 2015, 9:53 AM GMT

but I would hardly call the vile excretion that emanates from a cat's rear end, manure. ;)

:D I was putting a positive spin on it.

I've never, ever seen an errant cat poo in my garden. I guess if any left me one they must have been good at burying it.

I didn't think I would, but I agreed with a lot of what Len said.

Ronni, as lovely as ever, and Tim as brilliant and funny as ever. Ronni certainly seemed to be laughing at his jokes and it was great to see the two of them on the same show again - right, where's my Sketch Show DVD....

Ironic that Len can love cockles and winkles but hate the very idea of sushi.

That's what I thought!
I wouldn't eat either, personally. But I'd trust sushi not to poison me more than those rank looking cockles and winkles. Sick

Quote: Nogget @ 3rd January 2015, 11:37 AM GMT

Ironic that Len can love cockles and winkles but hate the very idea of sushi.

Traditional English seaside food as against foreign muck, I think that is where he was coming from.

Quote: zooo @ 3rd January 2015, 11:44 AM GMT

That's what I thought!
I wouldn't eat either, personally. But I'd trust sushi not to poison me more than those rank looking cockles and winkles. Sick

Don't like a winkle? :P

Ummm, winkles with a bit of pepper, lovely. :)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 2nd January 2015, 9:00 PM GMT

He put cats into Room 101! :D

Yes, up until that point I was a Tim Vine fan but I may be changing my opinion.

Indeed, a good start to the series which I think is a better format than the original, although with Nick Hancock it was far better than the Merton years. My only gripe is why the BBC don't broadcast the full 45 minute show or however long it is and not the edited 30 minute version.

WAHAY!! My persistence has paid off and the powers that be have changed my altered Series 4 to 15 back to 4 again, which is what it is on the BBC site, being the 4th series with Frank. :)

Thank you whoever..... :D