Hi Dave! Page 3

Quote: Mark @ October 15, 2007, 12:56 PM

Thursday
---------
7pm - 8pm: Whose Line Is It Anyway?

:)

Quote: Leevil @ October 15, 2007, 6:03 PM

7pm - 8pm: Whose Line Is It Anyway? :)

Clive Anderson's lack of organisation always annoyed me.

Anyway, if you're a fan you'll be pleased to hear Channel Dave (I can't just call it 'Dave' like it is meant to be... just doesn't sound right) are repeating Whose Line a rather impressive 130 times in the next two months so plenty of opportunities to see it!

*mourns Two Pints*

:P

So really what is the point?

Do they think by giving it a new name it will be treated any differently?

Well you now have your own channel. That's enough, no?

i am confused.
my favourite freeview channel used to be uktv history - The World at war, Rome documdramas, Planet Earth - all that sort of thing.
now it seems to have disappeared and been replaced by Dave.
Dave is ok - i watched a great partridge last night - but its not UKTV history.
Does anyone know where UKTV History has gone on freeview?
Please help.

I don't have a clue. They may have been binned.
But have you tried retuning your freeview box? It might re-appear on a different number.
That's happened to me before.

Quote: johnny roulette @ October 24, 2007, 6:04 PM

i am confused.
my favourite freeview channel used to be uktv history - The World at war, Rome documdramas, Planet Earth - all that sort of thing.
now it seems to have disappeared and been replaced by Dave.
Dave is ok - i watched a great partridge last night - but its not UKTV history.
Does anyone know where UKTV History has gone on freeview?
Please help.

Yo Johnny, UKTV History has now turned up on the Channel previously called UKTV Brightideas (no idea where Brightideas has gone though).

Quote: Mannikin Bird @ October 24, 2007, 7:11 PM

(no idea where Brightideas has gone though).

To a far, far away land hopefully.

UKTV History is now on channel number 12 but is only broadcast during the daytime from 7 AM to 6 PM UKTV Brightideas is no longer on freeview but may still be on satellite.

If your not getting them on the right channels then a retune will sort it out.

thanks for that. i'll have a look at bright ideas.

Yes Johnny, I used to love a bit of UKTV History too, and am gutted that they only broadcast now when I'm at work. (Re Barry's comment, it's always been on channel 12 for me. Has it changed for you?)

In short, in order to accommodate Dave they had to free up more and more airtime taken by their other channels. This meant that Bright Ideas had to go, along with that significantly useful portion of UKTV History. Bloody big mistake, IMO. Should have bought up airtime from somewhere else.