Hi Dave! Page 2

:D

Quote: Aaron @ September 20, 2007, 8:02 PM

I believe that TopUpTV Anytime is just that

'tis very good - I pay for my mum to have this - £10pm. Although she has limited control over what TUTV send her, she's pretty happy with their choices. The PVR function was a bit buggy at launch, but they've sorted nearly all of that now. I think it's excellent VFM

Anybody know if the new Virgin channel coming to Freeview will carry comedy? I know it's going to show that new Eddie Izzard drama, but what's going to be on the rest of the time?

Quote: Aljado @ September 21, 2007, 8:37 AM

'tis very good - I pay for my mum to have this - £10pm. Although she has limited control over what TUTV send her, she's pretty happy with their choices. The PVR function was a bit buggy at launch, but they've sorted nearly all of that now. I think it's excellent VFM

I preferred it when it was a normal pay-TV service. EXACTLY what I wanted. Some great TV channels, cheap, and with no extra equipment. This is where the 'Anytime' thing went off-track.

Still, it's a good PVR even standalone.

Quote: chipolata @ September 21, 2007, 10:22 AM

Anybody know if the new Virgin channel coming to Freeview will carry comedy? I know it's going to show that new Eddie Izzard drama, but what's going to be on the rest of the time?

Don't think I've heard about this one, but I'd be highly surprised if it doesn't.

Quote: chipolata @ September 21, 2007, 10:22 AM

Quote: Aaron @ September 21, 2007, 5:10 PM

Don't think I've heard about this one, but I'd be highly surprised if it doesn't.

At first I got very much the wrong end of the stick when I heard a channel called Virgin 1 was launching on Freeview.

I don't think it's going to be a comedy hotspot as its going after Sky One's viewers. There might be the odd comedy though I suppose.

Virgin 1 has been on an acquisition and commissioning spree for shows including The Riches, which stars Minnie Driver and Eddie Izzard, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, the Star Trek franchise, and Crime Invasion: Britain's New Underworld, which looks at the rise of foreign gangs in UK organised crime.

Quote: Mark @ September 21, 2007, 6:57 PM

At first I got very much the wrong end of the stick when I heard a channel called Virgin 1 was launching on Freeview.

Laughing out loud

Excellent News, Have a look at the UKTV G2 listing to give you an idea of some of the great comedy shows soon to be seen on “Dave”.

http://www.idigitalsales.co.uk/content/tvchannels/uploadedlisting/UKTV%20G2%20October.pdf

The Smoking Room
Coupling
QI
Never Mind the Buzzcocks
Have I Got News For You
Whose Line Is It Anyway?
I’m Alan Partridge
Red Dwarf
Bottom
Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps (a rare treat)
The Catherine Tate Show
Dead Ringers
Little Britain
The Mighty Boosh
Harry Enfield
The Young Ones
Bottom Live
Filthy, Rich and Catflap
The Keith Barret Show
Game On

:O

F**k me sideways.

Trouble is Barry, the press info they've released - what I've seen anyway - makes little mention of content, and what it does makes me wonder if they won't be changing it completely. I guess there's only so much difference that they can make of course, but it might not be quite as good as all of that.

Quote: zooo @ September 21, 2007, 11:56 PM

F**k me sideways.

OK

Quote: zooo @ September 21, 2007, 11:56 PM

F**k me sideways.

Is that a request, or an order?

(... Wish you had Sky now, eh? :))

Cool - good news! I've only ever had Freeview so this is going to be quite a welcome channel when I just want to stick something on in the background.

I think the channel name is pretty cool too - Dave. It's a bit different. From a PR stunt it certainly seems to have worked. I noticed pretty much all the RSS feeds I subscribe to had a mention about it the other day.

Channel Dave is now on air (formally UKTV Gold 2, now on Freeview Ch 19 in place of UKTV Bright Ideas).

Lots of Top Gear, A Question of Sport, Buzzcocks, HIGNFY and Whose Line fills up their schedule.

Here's some other highlights to look out for:

Today
-------

1am: Absolute Power
2:15am: Coupling

Tomorrow (Tuesday)
-------------------
9pm: Billy Connolly's Tour
10:30pm: Alan Partridge

Wednesday
----------
9pm: Red Dwarf VI