Huzzah! Winter is here! Page 3

I LOVE snow!!

How can you not like snow!
I could understand if we got it all the time, it might get boring. But it's so flipping rare in this godforsaken country. :(

Quote: Mark @ September 18, 2007, 11:25 PM

Is it Selfridges in London that has the all-year-round Christmas department?

Not a department, no. I think that they - and Harrods (<3) - may keep a small display (like, literally just a few shelves) going all-year-round, but not a whole department. In any case, it's pretty sound reasoning; tourists come at all times of the year, not just Christmas!

Quote: zooo @ September 18, 2007, 11:32 PM

Yeah, all my favourite clothes are Winter ones. Bring on the frost.

Ditto that!

Quote: David Chapman @ September 19, 2007, 12:11 AM

I actually agree with you Aaron.

Can you believe there was a time between about 1965 and 1975 when you couldn't buy it?

I guess the whole music scene changed quite a bit through that period, and it wouldn't have done particularly well in the shops. Possibly?

Great album though. Proper Christmas, start-to-finish! :)

Quote: zooo @ September 19, 2007, 8:12 PM

Yeah, that's quite cozy and Christmassy. And especially when people start putting fairy lights up!

But dark mornings are just depressing.

I just like the dark, no matter what time of day. Especially if it's all cold and what others would consider "miserable" outside, and I'm all wrapped up warm and cosy.

Oh, and I love the purdee lights too. I seem to buy more every year. :-/

Quote: zooo @ September 19, 2007, 8:27 PM

I LOVE snow!!

How can you not like snow!
I could understand if we got it all the time, it might get boring. But it's so flipping rare in this godforsaken country. :(

And it looks like it'll probably get rarer with climate change. Just think, the ice was so thick back in the 19th century that people would quite literally go skating on the Thames through London. You do no know how much I want to do that. Got to be satisfied with one of those temporary ice rinks though. (I go to the Canary Wharf one. Amazing at night with all the twinkly lights of the offices towering around you. :))

Coincidence that we're talking about Christmas actually. I was going through my National Trust newletter and gift catalogue thingy just last night (yes, I am a member), circling all the things I want to get and do. :D

I think that there's still some mince pies in the freezer that I made last Christmas actually. I think I may go and dig them out now. :)

Boo. None left. Sad now. :(

Aw. Come to my shop! We've got loads in!

Yarrr, I be rowin' across.

When you're a dog owner you have to go out in all weather.

I love the autumn - the smells, the atmosphere, the going to a country pub.

I feel a song coming on...

"Summertime!..."

"Like walking in the rain" Ronettes or Walker Brothers.

argh I was off on collegiate in the rain today-and I got there and all the pretty girls glared at me like I was a bedraggled rat >_<

Would you put that down to envy? :)

that I had been out in the rain for an hour?

living in manchester it doesn't really matter what season it is. its usually tipping it down.

Quote: David Chapman @ September 23, 2007, 11:44 PM

"Like walking in the rain" Ronettes or Walker Brothers.

Except for bloody today!!!!!

Quote: Aaron @ September 19, 2007, 9:45 PM

Got to be satisfied with one of those temporary ice rinks though. (I go to the Canary Wharf one. Amazing at night with all the twinkly lights of the offices towering around you. :))

You old romantic you

Quote: ajp29 @ September 24, 2007, 10:12 PM

You old romantic you

Shucks, you found me out!