Green Tea

Box of 80 Green Tea bags - £1.79 (Tescos)
Hot water ~ 2p

1 cup of green tea in work shop - 70p

Profit made by shop - 3128% That's got to be the largest mark-up of any product. Why has no-one said something...

Did someone buy you a calculator for Christmas?

It came with the Postman Pat maths playset.

I'm guessing no-one has said anything because it's 70p... instead of a big sum of money.

:)

You're getting a discount for buying in bulk.

You've also got capital equipment, wages, national insurance, pension, and other overheads to take into concideration before you can really look accurately at the costs and realise your being robbed blind!

Quote: Rosco @ September 14, 2007, 2:33 PM

You're getting a discount for buying in bulk.

That's true! Haven't thought of it like that. :)

Herbal and fruit teas. Hate them. Don't mind a quality tea like english breakfast but green tea and things like Rosehip etc drive me mad. It's all just hot water. I can barely accept lemon flavoured earl grey.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ September 14, 2007, 5:44 PM

Herbal and fruit teas. Hate them. Don't mind a quality tea like english breakfast but green tea and things like Rosehip etc drive me mad. It's all just hot water. I can barely accept lemon flavoured earl grey.

It's true... I can't drink the stuff. I only ever make myself a fruit tea for the smell. They actually taste, as you say, like hot water... :)

Proper tea in a pot and biccies, ether home made or from a box of broken assortment.

Hah! Yeah... it's weird. Why does the broken assortment taste better than the un-broken biscuits?

You always get a choc waffer in there too! No matter what.

So British!

I used to love malted milk. Haven't had one of those in ages!

Where do you stand on pulp in orange juice? and I love malted milk!

I don't mind it but prefer it smooth.

Anything choc covered for me.

The problem with pulp in juice is that your teeth end up as a sieve...