Band Reunions=A Load of Bollocks

Is anyone else getting sick of bands reuniting to do one last tour or gig. Its doing my head in it really is. Do I wanna hear Led Zep? Yes, i'll put one of their albums not mortgage my bloody house. Take That? Sod off and Spice Girls weren't good in the nineties so why the hell would anyone want to see them now. Either keep going till you die like the stones or piss off and make experimental 'pieces' like you're meant to. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. I could give more examples but my psychiatrist says it doesn't help my anger issues Angry

Went to see The Police last Saturday and tickets were seventy quid apiece. They were great but it turns out the older you get, the longer the songs go on for. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing!

Oh and Maximo Park were supporting them, which was a *great* surprise for me and made it much better value! The 40-year-olds wondered what all the noise was as I was bopping around singing by myself...

Dan

I'd like to see The Gaye Bikers on Acid reform

Saw Deep Purple recently and I guess it's a sign of the times when the line for the toilets was longer for the blokes than it was for the ladies.

I think it's best to see groups when they are at their peak. Some of my favourites are still going, but I don't even buy the albums now, so why go to see them. Some people should say, OK, that's it, and leave it.

Huey Lewis and the News did it. Waited till they were all about 40, a couple of good albums then retired to their beach houses. That's the way to do it.

Now if only their music had been good!

of course, mentioning LedZep and Spice Girls/Take That reunion in one breath... is like ... no, can't find any decent comparison. outrageous does not even begin to describe it.

Quote: Bad dog @ September 14, 2007, 11:16 AM

I think it's best to see groups when they are at their peak.

Yeah, well... some of us haven't had that privilege... thank God for DVDs, though.

Quote: WrongTale @ September 14, 2007, 1:48 PM

of course, mentioning LedZep and Spice Girls/Take That reunion in one breath... is like ... no, can't find any decent comparison. outrageous does not even begin to describe it.

Laughing out loud

I'd like to see Marc Bolan reform.

Micheal Jacksons old features are reforming to build a new Jackson.

I heard Blur are getting back together, so not all band reunions are bad I guess.

I'm seeing the Zombies next month. Ask your parents.

Quote: David Chapman @ September 14, 2007, 10:40 PM

I'm seeing the Zombies next month. Ask your parents.

I love the Zombies. "Time Of The Season" is one sexy song. I love the bass and breathing.

Quote: David Chapman @ September 14, 2007, 5:22 PM

I'd like to see Marc Bolan reform.

Laughing out loud

Some bands never got together in the first place, e.g. Babyshambles.

If you don't like band reunions I've had a thought.. don't go to them!
QED