Edinburgh - Tim Vine again Page 2

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th August 2014, 10:09 AM BST

Oh dear..............

Just sounded like criticism for the sake of it.

Quote: Nick81 @ 19th August 2014, 1:13 PM BST

He's made a successful living from doing what he does, so fair play in that respect, but as for being funny, not in the slightest (IMO).

Come now Jeremy, isn't it time to put this sibling rivalry behind you?? ;)

Really? Happy meal joke? That's something a small child would conjure up. If you think those top ten jokes are in sootys words "corkers", I suggest you go to more gigs and read more jokes.

I ordered a happy meal once with sour pickles on the side. The waitress was very confused.

OMG! You'll be telling me next that you also ordered eggs easy over. Laughing out loud

I did once and again she was confused and they arrived cooked in a half pint of lard.

Quote: Nick81 @ 19th August 2014, 4:05 PM BST

Really? Happy meal joke? That's something a small child would conjure up. If you think those top ten jokes are in sootys words "corkers", I suggest you go to more gigs and read more jokes.

Nick81 of course they're not the best jokes of Edinburgh. That maybe a rambling shaggy dog, an impossible offensive one about f**king a squirrel, or a marvelous sinuos snaky call back that slithers through a routine before popping out the very end with a single word that brings the house down.

You can't pin them down, put them in a little voting box or any other such nonsense.

This competition measured the funniest jokes, that could be boiled down to 2 sentences, wouldn't offend anyone and ultimately were popular [so of course went with someone famous].

These are the jokes for dull wedding speeches, office bores and a rye grin on the way to work. Of who's fans run into the very many millions.

Nail on the head, it's not the joke, it's who wrote it.

It's a shame that his previous win for the funniest joke was an old tommy cooper joke word for word.

Nice work if you can get it.

Quote: Nick81 @ 19th August 2014, 9:17 PM BST

It's a shame that his previous win for the funniest joke was an old tommy cooper joke word for word.

Just done a vigorous search on that joke and Tommy Cooper - can find no connection.

Quote: sootyj @ 19th August 2014, 8:39 PM BST

These are the jokes for dull wedding speeches, office bores and a rye grin on the way to work. Of who's fans run into the very many millions.

Never knew that the people of Rye in Sussex had a grin named after them.

Quote: Nick81 @ 19th August 2014, 9:17 PM BST

I assume that you're aware that a lot of Tim Vine jokes got emailed around a few years back, incorrectly labelled as Tommy Cooper jokes?

Also, I believe, Tim Vine wrote some jokes for a play about Tommy Cooper which has also clouded the issue.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 19th August 2014, 10:42 PM BST

I assume that you're aware that a lot of Tim Vine jokes got emailed around a few years back, incorrectly labelled as Tommy Cooper jokes?

Also, I believe, Tim Vine wrote some jokes for a play about Tommy Cooper which has also clouded the issue.

Evening Tony, hope you are well, pleasure as always. I hadn't heard that, no, but from various people I have spoken to, the holiday joke is a very well known Tommy Cooper joke.

Quote: Nick81 @ 19th August 2014, 10:46 PM BST

Evening Tony, hope you are well, pleasure as always. I hadn't heard that, no, but from various people I have spoken to, the holiday joke is a very well known Tommy Cooper joke.

Good evening Nick, all good thanks, hope you are well too.

The "Tim Vine nicks Tommy Cooper jokes" is a massive urban myth, I believe he got accused of nicking his "Eurostar" joke from Tommy Cooper despite Tommy Cooper having died many years before Eurostar existed.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 19th August 2014, 10:55 PM BST

Good evening Nick, all good thanks, hope you are well too.

The "Tim Vine nicks Tommy Cooper jokes" is a massive urban myth, I believe he got accused of nicking his "Eurostar" joke from Tommy Cooper despite Tommy Cooper having died many years before Eurostar existed.

The joke in question was the "once in a lifetime holiday" joke.

Maybe Tim thought of it independently (very plausible) but Tommy Cooper definitely did it.

Quote: Nick81 @ 19th August 2014, 11:00 PM BST

The joke in question was the "once in a lifetime holiday" joke.

Maybe Tim thought of it independently (very plausible) but Tommy Cooper definitely did it.

Possibly, although I've yet to see any evidence to prove that Tommy Cooper told that gag, apart from people's memories which, as any police officer will tell you, are incredibly unreliable.

Fair point Tony.