Edinburgh - Tim Vine again

Only comedian to win the best joke twice.

This year:- "I've decided to sell my Hoover ... well, it was just collecting dust." Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Love it!

His 2010 winner:- "I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again." Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Other contenders included Mark Watson with:- "Always leave them wanting more, my uncle used to say to me. Which is why he lost his job in disaster relief" Laughing out loud

Those are all corkers

Poor collection of jokes. I see better on a daily basis, and if that's the best ten jokes from the fringe, comedy is on the decline.

Quote: Nick81 @ 19th August 2014, 9:45 AM BST

Poor collection of jokes. I see better on a daily basis, and if that's the best ten jokes from the fringe, comedy is on the decline.

Oh dear..............

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th August 2014, 10:09 AM BST

Oh dear..............

Can you explain?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th August 2014, 6:59 AM BST

Only comedian to win the best joke twice.

This year:- "I've decided to sell my Hoover ... well, it was just collecting dust." Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Love it!

His 2010 winner:- "I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again." Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Other contenders included Mark Watson with:- "Always leave them wanting more, my uncle used to say to me. Which is why he lost his job in disaster relief" Laughing out loud

In all my years of being on the circuit and doing lots of charity 10 spots, I can honestly say I've never been so dissapointed in my life. Absolutely disgraceful choice. Tim Vine is well known around my contacts to be bent.

Welcome to the fun house. But you are right it's like rigging the Oscars!

You look at them and they seem familiar but isn't that the sign of a good joke, simple enough to make you go 'I should have thought of that'.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 19th August 2014, 11:46 AM BST

You look at them and they seem familiar but isn't that the sign of a good joke, simple enough to make you go 'I should have thought of that'.

I always thought the sign of a good joke was laughter. My mistake.

I guess a lot of people laughed when he told it. And it's okay to make mistakes we all do it. I guess to be a successful comedian like Tim Vine the trick is to learn from them ckia

It literally is 'the way he tells 'em'. Also, he's very likable.

It's really not. He's made a successful living from doing what he does, so fair play in that respect, but as for being funny, not in the slightest (IMO).

I don't like walnuts.

Quote: Marc P @ 19th August 2014, 1:16 PM BST

I don't like walnuts.

How dare you have an opinion different to mine! ;)

I know lol. Actually I probably do like walnuts it's just I am allergic to them. Or used to be!