Name of British TV show?

Can someone please tell me the name of the very funny show were an ex-olympic athlete tries to be a speaker?

Sitcom or reality show?

What sort of time frame are we talking here?

Little Britain
David Walliams plays a gold or silver medallist who keeps banging on about it

Don't think it was Little Britain.

I caught the show as it was in progress yesterday, it was very sardonic and funny. A very tall chap is ineffectively giving a motivational speech to some school kids. He states that he is an olympic medal winner and they couldn't care less.

Some corporate types, who have hired him to do this, decide he needs a speech coach. A very funny scene with the speech coach follows but doesn't help. At the end of the episode the corporate people give him another assignment.

2012?

Don't know when it was filmed, I saw it last night. The actor who plays the ex-olympian was particularly good. He's a big guy, about 6.4 in feet and inches.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 23rd June 2014, 2:43 AM BST

2012?

That's what I'm thinking. Darren Boyd in Twenty Twelve.

Yes, that's it, I was confused by the numeric 2012. Thanks

Editor Note - here's the episode: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/twenty_twelve/episodes/1/4/

Best episode of Twenty Twelve. Would love to see a spin off of Darren Boyd's character.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 24th June 2014, 12:58 PM BST

Best episode of Twenty Twelve. Would love to see a spin off of Darren Boyd's character.

You can always just watch Spy and pretend it's the same bloke. :P

Quote: Agnostik @ 24th June 2014, 6:28 PM BST

You can always just watch Spy and pretend it's the same bloke. :P

Hadn't thought of that, but you are quite right. His characters are all basically the same, but he does 'polite, socially awkward nice guy' so very very well. Loved him in Saxondale and Hippies.