Has anyone ever had any success with Radio Comedy?

Hello,

I was just wondering users for the site have ever found any success or "gotten their foot in the door" writing comedy for Radio?

I'm currently writing a paper for my MA and would love to interview people who have used radio as a method of breaking into the industry - especially with comedy.

Many thanks.

Surely "the industry" is what you make of it. For some people it is creating webisodes or writing for the radio?

Sorry to keep bothering you, Stefan.

Yes, but unfortunately putting 'The industry is what you make of it' on a 3000 word essay just won't cover it.

There is no harm on researching on the successes and methods of those before me. It's what we all do. I just require some sources to talk to. Luckily I have had people who have done well get back to me - I'm now just looking into specific areas.

I assume you've had no success with Radio Paul? Or Webisodes? Or Comedy?

(And that's rhetorical... I trust my gut on this one.)

Saucer of milk for Mr Armitage!

Lol. Give him some of yours Beaky :)

Quote: Marc P @ 19th May 2014, 11:21 AM BST

Lol. Give him some of yours Beaky :)

filth

Hi Stefan,

I wouldn't really consider myself particularly successful as a radio writer (I'm a stand up first and foremost) but I've been part of a writing team that won a Sony Silver Award in 2013 and I've been a guest writer on BBC Radio 4's "The Newsquiz" and "The Now Show".

Happy to share my relatively limited experiences if that's of any use?

Ha, easy now guys!

And Tony that sounds great! I'll send you a DM by the end of the day.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Quote: Stefan Armitage @ 19th May 2014, 12:55 AM BST

I assume you've had no success with Radio Paul? Or Webisodes? Or Comedy?

(And that's rhetorical... I trust my gut on this one.)

Laughing out loud

Give this man a first class degree with honours!

Quote: Stefan Armitage @ 19th May 2014, 5:32 PM BST

I'll send you a DM by the end of the day.

Tony offers to help and all Stefan wants to do is stick the boot in!

Radio Paul can be found at 42-48 medium wave boil dry only (opposite the fishmongers)

Stefan, you are a new boy. Let me give you a tip, (no pun intended)
You won't get any constructive advice on this site, because they are all losers. They are not interested what you have done, only in the opportunity to look awfully clever. Keep posting for practice but do not lose heart over the replies.

What's wrong with being a loser as long as you look good while you are doing it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE

it's a great shame Stefan isn't studying c**ts as there's some more prize specimens here than the gyncologists secret museum

Did you get any helpful tips Stefan? You might find there's some interesting stuff about self starters like Kirrin Island

Nothing wrong with Kirren Island, but in a thesis on how people succeed, maybe you need to go to whole hog?