Nessum bloody dorma 2 Page 2

Maybe... but I daresay some twat will say Pavarotti couldn't sing...

True Frankie.

The quality and timbre of his voice right through his whole range was amazing. His charisma and stage presence had the audience enraptured and he could tug at your heartstrings with just one note.
Classical music is no different to pop, comedy or dance. You may find that you like some of it, but are unlikely to be a fan of all of it.

And in the case of dance, may very well hate all of it. :)

Ha ha ha! I used to think that 'til I decided to step outside what I thought I did and didn't like and check out some different styles. I think it sometimes depends on the quality of the production.

Yes, I suppose that there are varying degrees of ponce. :O)

Pavarotti was a big man with a big voice. I could listen to him all day. He had a fabulous & long life. Good for him for eating like a pig. I think he had the right to do what he enjoyed. Food does taste good I must admit.

Y'know, for a guy the size of a bus, he had a f**king good innings.

71... Eesh!

Quote: Leevil @ September 6, 2007, 3:25 PM

I don't mind classical music, as background music, I wouldn't put a CD on myself though.

It wouldn't really suit you Lee.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ September 7, 2007, 7:47 AM

Maybe... but I daresay some twat will say Pavarotti couldn't sing...

Wasn't he the Bay City Rollers of Opera?

David we sorta guessed you'd be the twat, so you don't count! ;)

What annoys me is that people don't seek out interesting stuff. When they get it shoved down their throats - as at Italia 90 - they suddenly decide they love it.

Before then would half of those neanderthals dream of listening to opera?

And I didn't say he couldn't sing - just that I don't like that kind of stuff.

Now Leslie Garrett is another matter!

Quote: David Chapman @ September 7, 2007, 9:59 PM

It wouldn't really suit you Lee.

Lol, you have no idea Dave, you really don't.

Oh God. The images. :(

Quote: David Chapman @ September 8, 2007, 12:16 PM

What annoys me is that people don't seek out interesting stuff. When they get it shoved down their throats - as at Italia 90 - they suddenly decide they love it.

Before then would half of those neanderthals dream of listening to opera?

I've listened to, all the way through, Don Giovanni, The Barber of Seville and the Ring Cycle. Does that make me, at the risk of being misquoted, a homo-erectus?

It does if you get 'cock-a-hoop' while listening to it.