Looking for sitcom name- bomb shelter Orkney?

Hi all,
whilst growing up I remember watching this one comedy sitcom on TV but never caught the name. For a long time now I've been trying to find it.
From what I can remember the sitcom takes place in an army shelter on some remote British isle, I think Orkney. There are two main characters, one the high ranked general that's in charge and his lower ranked helper. They're duty is to live in this shelter and detect any potential enemies before they reach mainland Britain. In one particular episode I remember they fake the weather data they collect as a precautionary measure. The lower ranked soldier however sets a bet on the isle's weather betting against all odds that the sun would shine for an entire month. On the last day, however, the general forces him to report slight rain to deter enemies that want to exploit the good weather.

I've searched the web but can't find anything, it clearly wasn't too popular nor were many seasons made I assume, but would anyone remember this sitcom or have any hints where I could find out.

Thanks a lot.

I remember that, but can't remember the title. There was a teacher who was the love interest and she only had one pupil as the village was so small.

I think that's the one. :)

Quote: Harridan @ 14th December 2013, 5:27 PM GMT

and she only had one pupil as the village was so small.

Wasn't that a kid's show? Sorry, I've Got No Head, or the other one (of which the name escapes me)?

No, there was a storyline where the lead male was coming to meet the class and he was a bit surprised when he turned up and there was just one little boy.

All Along The Watchtower maybe?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/all_along_watchtower/

That's the one!

Quote: mobster @ 14th December 2013, 5:18 PM GMT

In one particular episode I remember they fake the weather data they collect as a precautionary measure. The lower ranked soldier however sets a bet on the isle's weather betting against all odds that the sun would shine for an entire month. On the last day, however, the general forces him to report slight rain to deter enemies that want to exploit the good weather.

You've misremembered that bit, it was actually that they'd been reporting rain all month and were going to break the rainfall record (which was the term of the bet), and the cocky lead character decided to leave 1mm of rain for the last day, on which it happened to actually piss it down, but the senior officer reported that there had been a freak sandstorm to throw off the enemy.

YES, that's the one, thank you ever so much. Now I just need to find a way to watch them.

@Harridan:
Yup, that's it :)

I can't even find a clip of it - that's one problem with giving your show the title of something else that's so famous.

I know, not a single clip or anything.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/17356/2/