80's/90's Comedy Actors You Never Hear Of Now

Watching Blackadder 3 the other day and got wondering where some of those in minor roles had got to. Helen Atkinson Wood for instance. Also saw Steve Steen (is it?) and Jim Sweeney. Remember them backing up Rory Bremner on BBC2 before he went to CH4 and got political. Sweeney also did a great turn as a salesman in OFITG. Did I read somewhere he'd been struck down by an illness of some kind?

Thinking ahead to Blackadder Goes Forth, what do Stephen Frost and his comic partner (Was it Mark, black curly hair) do now? I've seen Stephen Frost on HIGNFY, but are they still involved in comedy?

I'd have never believed Lee Cornes, the teacher from Grange Hill, would turn out in Blackadder and be a pretty good comedy actor. Has he been in anything of note since?

Stephen Frost was in an episode of The Sitcom Showdown on UKTV Gold last year. No idea aside from that. (He's a bit grumpy and unfriendly, I've been told.)

Not sure about the others, but I'm sure that a few minutes on Google, Wikipedia and IMDb will reveal all.

What a coincidence. Checking through the Radio 4 listings and there at 18.30 on Wednesdays is Jim Sweeney acting out sketches with Josie Lawrence.

Tony Slattery too.

He was on that Stephen Fry drama series.

Oh, or are you adding to the previous post...

Michael Fenton-Stevens.

...this thread needs pictures.

Or you need Google Images! ;)

I just did it!
I know him now.

I'm surprised you lot don't know who Michael Fenton-Stevens is. He's probably most famous for Spitting Image and singing lead on their hit single The Chicken Song, but I'm familiar with him because he's in almost every sitcom in the nineties onwards: Only Fools and Horses, As Time Goes By, Mr Bean and even The Legacy of Reginald Perrin. He's like a modern Robert Gillespie.

He's one of those people where everyone knows his face but not his name.

Yeah, you're right, zooo. I like seeing the odd familar face in sitcoms.

Steve Steen is now involved in production I believe,so you probably won't see him on telly again.

Quote: zooo @ August 31, 2007, 6:02 PM

He's one of those people where everyone knows his face but not his name.

Definitely. The name rung a bell, but I would have never matched the face.

Quote: zooo @ August 30, 2007, 11:22 PM

...this thread needs pictures.

Here he is. Taken from his official website

I think he's great. Like Dave says, he's been in pretty much every comedy of the 90s.

I didn't know he was behind The Chicken Song though Dave - thanks for that info. I just had to go and watch it on YouTube again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FtKYOtOIkE

I don't think you could say you don't hear from MFS any more though (which is what this thread is about). He was in the new series of Trevor's World of Sport on R4 very recently and the Nationwide ads earlier in the year. He does a bit of panto every year too I believe, and IMDb says he's been in two dramas this year.