The Big Comedy Conference - from BCG Page 4

Quote: Tim Azure @ 22nd November 2013, 10:44 AM GMT

You've had a song in NewsRevue, Jane, you can't be that in need of a one-to-one...

That is very kind of you, but I think I was just lucky with the song, :)

Can we turn up on the day? Can't definitely say yes or no at the moment. Always spur of the moment at weekends.

If there are tickets available they are hardly likely to turn you away. I imagine if they sell out there will be an announcement.

If I get to 50,000 posts by Saturday do I get a reduction?

Quote: sootyj @ 28th November 2013, 11:45 AM GMT

If I get to 50,000 posts by Saturday do I get a penis reduction?

?

In fairness I need that even more.

Quote: sootyj @ 28th November 2013, 1:09 PM GMT

In fairness I need that even more.

Just be careful, I had penis reduction surgery and it left me with a 14" stump...

Mark are there any tickets left? & how many people have bought already? You have so many speakers/guests I am afraid there might not be enough attendees to go round...

Hello people. Sorry for the slow reply! I've genuinely been a bit snowed under. Organising this day was about four times more work than I expected. Very happy to have the interest though...

Quote: Tim Azure @ 25th November 2013, 7:01 PM GMT

David Nobbs A new(ish) addition? EDIT: Any news on this, please?

Sorry, terrible lack of updates. All the speakers can be seen here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/make_it/conference/about/

And the plan for the day (with more details on the talks) can be seen here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/make_it/conference/talks/

Quote: Chappers @ 27th November 2013, 8:57 PM GMT

Can we turn up on the day? Can't definitely say yes or no at the moment. Always spur of the moment at weekends.

Ideally do let us know in advance, but as it's you Dave then, yes, turning up on the day would be fine :-)

Quote: playfull @ 28th November 2013, 3:27 PM GMT

Just be careful, I had penis reduction surgery and it left me with a 14" stump...

Ug! My brain!

Quote: playfull @ 28th November 2013, 3:27 PM GMT

Mark are there any tickets left? & how many people have bought already? You have so many speakers/guests I am afraid there might not be enough attendees to go round...

Yes, there are some tickets left. Truth be, we haven't sold out as would have been the dream!

One mistake we've made this time is not really communicating that although it's the Big Comedy Conference (in terms of numbers of talks) it was never the plan to make it a huge thing in terms of attendees (there's not enough chairs!). There's about 125 people turning up I think... our max capacity is 150.

Hope that answers all your questions! Any more fire away (I'll look more regularly!). I'm happy to be open and honest about what we're up to!

Quote: Mark @ 28th November 2013, 7:48 PM GMT

One mistake we've made this time is not really communicating that although it's the Big Comedy Conference (in terms of numbers of talks) it was never the plan to make it a huge thing in terms of attendees (there's not enough chairs!). There's about 125 people turning up I think... our max capacity is 150.

Now that would have made me more likely to attend!

Oh bugger, it's that Friday night feeling, I wish I was going now...

Good luck with the day.

Fabulous day at the Comedy Conference. Some stellar guests that have left me still buzzing.

Congrats to Mark, Aaron, Dave Cohen etc.

Thanks for organizing all that - what a busy day and such tough decisions on which workshops to see! Looking forward to the vids. Many thanks to all concerned.

Did Aaron get up on stage and give any talks?

Thank you for organising such an amazing day!

Quote: simon wright @ 30th November 2013, 11:16 PM GMT

Fabulous day at the Comedy Conference. Some stellar guests that have left me still buzzing.

Congrats to Mark, Aaron, Dave Cohen etc.

Can only echo this, well done to all the people involved in organising such a splendid day, it was a pleasure to be involved. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as I did.